OMG I injured my back and can't move! *UPDATE PAGE 2*

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
I was putting LO's buggy in the boot of the car today and it snapped out of my hands. I must have moved suddenly to catch it and felt a pain in my back. Within an hour the pain became unbearable and now hours later I can't move at all. I can't even pick up my LO. Getting up from sitting position takes me about 10 minutes and really kills.

I have never had back pain before. Not sure what to do. Do I need to see a doctor?

I suffer from a bad back and it comes on like you've described. A sudden movement will cause something to give and then I literally can't move.

You could go to the Dr but they will only tell you to take painkillers and try to alternate resting and light activity. Lying still is probably the worst thing you can do. Obviously don't do any heavy lifting but if you can try and walk around a bit, it will help. I know it's not much help now but it will go eventually. Mine normally lasts 3 or 4 days. Have you got anyone to help with LO?
Dr might be able to give you stronger painkillers if the usual isn't working but they won't do much more than that I'm afraid. Back pain is so common...

:hug:

Oh my, hope it gets better soon I would see a Dr you may have trapped a nerve, esp with moving can make it worse or ring NHS hun

I did something to my back a year or so ago, I couldnt move, it was a saturday so docs wasnt open, a doctor came to my house and gave me some kinda injection for the pain and some strong tablets, worked for me :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm in agony but too scared to take anything for the pain because I'm breastfeeding. At the moment I'm using a massage chair to ease the pain but I hope it won't make it worse in the long run. :wacko:

Have you tried a hot water bottle?

Aww babe :hugs: I think you should see a doctor.. they'd beable to give you pain killers to take whilst Bf X

I would try a long soak in a hot bath. I know it sounds a bit silly, but the heat tends to make me all relaxed etc...

:hugs:

Hope it gets better soon!

How is your back today? Hope its improving

I would see a doctor. In August I slipped in the shower and injured my back. I put it off and come November I couldn't move for a month. I c an finally move now but I have Physio five days a week. See to it now before it gets too bad, even all the can give you is pain relief at the moment it will be something.

I'd see a doctor if you continue to be in so much pain raisin, I had a back injury about 5 years ago which (after 3 years of pain) resulted in surgery. Obviously I'm one saying that all injuries end up this way, I was very unlucky - but you'd be surprised by how much your gp can actually help with the pain.

HTH

Lisa

I feel your pain!

I leaned over my desk a couple of weeks before Christmas and the pain shot right up my back, I'd never felt anything like it I was quite shocked. I was the same moved around afterwards then all of a sudden stopped in my tracks it was agony :( I became light headed twice and had a panick attack. I couldn't stand for a handful of days and for the first 2 days I couldn't stand in the shower or get in the bath.

I would see someone, I did after friends advice because whist it wasn't nothing serious just a case of riding it out it can be so be safe.

I have to warn you if it's the same I was told I would likely be feeling it for about 6 weeks, Im still having problems getting up from the sofa an my bed :( but everything else is bearable, just left with a constant ache.

You need some physical support for at least the first week with LO.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Last night was horrible and I woke up lots unable to move and in such pain all I could do was lay there and cry. I somehow managed to get up at 11am and have a shower and although I could barely move to wash my hair and feet I felt a little better for moving around a bit.

I'm still in agony but taking paracetamol which is apparently safe to take when bf. If I stay in the same position for more than 20 mins my back freezes and it kills to move at all.

I can see a slight improvement from yesterday though so I am hopeful. If it still aches on Monday I'm stuck though beccause DH has to be at work for an important meeting and I dont have any friends or family nearby to help. :nope:

I'd go see a remedial therapist at least, they are fabulous for sorting out back problems. I broke mine a few years back..well nearly 5 years now and for years I had big problems which doctors said take paracetamol and fobbed me off, once I'd seen my remedial therapist for about 4/5 months I was like new - I'd never felt so good in my whole life.
One thing my remedial lady did give me was something called hot ice...its like the opposite to tiger balm in that it really fecking cold..apply that to the sore area and its fabulous. Hot water bottles and baths never helped my back at all but this cold stuff worked wonders at reducing inflammation. As a temp solution though...use ice/frozen peas etc etc. Keep as mobile as you can..difficult I know when bfing, but try to get up as soon as possible after. Remember when you move to tighten your tummy muscles to reduce the strain of your back muscles and when the pain hits, breath slowly through it and try to imagine the pain calming down and going away.

Oh hun, Hope it carries on to improve and the pain doesn't last much longer

Give the docs a call, they can prescribe some Diclofenac. I found this good when my back went, it worked faster than paracetamol and Ibuprofen. I also found that sitting still makes it worse, but then I was bent over double unable to properly stand up. I had pinched my sciatic nerve or something. I rode my horse on sat and managed to do something again and spent last night in agony unable to move, so you have my 100% sympathy.

Before I admit I used to tut at folk who said they had a bad back, but see when you have one yourself you don't realise how bad it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->