Omg it's impossible for me to find HB on the Doppler! 7.6weeks..

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
I see on YouTube "HB found at 7 weeks! Etc... I still haven't found mine :(
It's like near impossible for me to find the hb..
I know it's so early for me, but seeing on YouTube and some ladies in here, it gives me no hope :cry:

!!!!! Dont go looking on youtube and getting false hope :shock:. Most ladies are lucky is they find it after 10 weeks - even midwives struggle sometimes! My doppler is in the loft till I hit the 10 weeks, then ill try it. Dont get upset that you haven't found it, your soooo early, dont stress! :hugs: xxx

I might tell OH to hide mine. I told myself I wouldn't get too much into symptoms and finding hb. I've worked my self up ;(
Thank you Inoue :flower:

My drs hb was picked up on a Doppler by 8/9 weeks so I was worried when the DOCTORS STILL couldn't find my sons (this baby) heartbeat at 11 weeks and still nothing at 15 weeks.. I kid you not we didn't start getting a steady heartbeat via a medical grade Doppler until after 15 weeks and it always took some searching. Turns out he runs away from it every time.. At every ultrasound he hides and at every appt u can clearly watch my belly move away from the Doppler.. Even being monitored at the hospital at 35 weeks he was able to hide from it.

Moral of the story, some babies are just shy... My dd is still outgoing and not shy at all.. Definitely don't worry Hun... You are still VERY early for that. Xx

I've only just found my baby's heartbeat at 10w 4d so don't panic there's plenty of time! X

My drs hb was picked up on a Doppler by 8/9 weeks so I was worried when the DOCTORS STILL couldn't find my sons (this baby) heartbeat at 11 weeks and still nothing at 15 weeks.. I kid you not we didn't start getting a steady heartbeat via a medical grade Doppler until after 15 weeks and it always took some searching. Turns out he runs away from it every time.. At every ultrasound he hides and at every appt u can clearly watch my belly move away from the Doppler.. Even being monitored at the hospital at 35 weeks he was able to hide from it.

Moral of the story, some babies are just shy... My dd is still outgoing and not shy at all.. Definitely don't worry Hun... You are still VERY early for that. Xx

Haha my dd used to hide from the Doppler :cloud9:

Even my Dr couldn't find a hb for me at 9.5 weeks.... I had to go back at 11.5 weeks and then he was able to find it.... Even then he had to search to find it.

I didn't find mine until well into the 9th week... I'm due in 2 weeks and it still takes about 5-10 seconds for the midwives to find it, and the baby is about 7lbs!! So please don't panic!! Xx

Its to early and too small. As long as your not bleeding its unlikely theres anything wrong

i totally get your anxiety though and why you want to hear it. The first 12 weeks were hard for me aswel. You just want to see your baby and know they're in there. Xxx

Thank you ladies. Much relief reading your comments xx

4 days until my scan. FX all is well x

Glad we've calmed you down :). Good luck we the scan next week, are you having a private one? Xx

Well good luck - not long to wait! :happydance: xx

It's going to be the longest 4 days haha

Keep in mind that at 7 weeks, your baby is less than 2 centimeters long!!! I think people that find a heartbeat at this stage are probably off on their dates. The heart is probably about .5 centimeters, how on earth can anything pick that up!!!!????

At my booking in appointment the other day (10weeks) the midwife said they don't listen for the hb yet because your uterus is so low and far back that more often than not they can't find it and it causes unnecessary stress - and that is a professional who is trained to find it! I think some women who find it super early are actually hearing something else. Dopplers can pick up all sorts of weird stuff.

Mine was clear on a doppler from 14 weeks xx

That's exactly my thoughts too mammag. They would have to be way off the dates. It's impossible to pick up something so small. I thought I would've known better from being in this a second time round. Stupid YouTube.

Cattia, I know my mw wouldn't go near me with a Doppler until I was 13 weeks with dd and it still took her a few minutes :)
Yesterday I didn't get anything but my pulse and my bladder lol

The first twelve weeks are torture lol x

Well ladies, I thought I'd give the Doppler another go and I found the hb :) a choo choo train/ galloping horse :) the probe was where my pubic bone started and a wee little to the left just off the centre :) definitely can't wait for my scan. 3 more days :headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->