omg...IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Pic links to the 14! tests I took)

Aaaww, congrats!!! What an inspiring story you have! Hoping you have the happiest and healthiest 9 months ever!!:happydance::happydance:

Congratulations, may you have a happy and healthy 9 months :) xxx

big congrats xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Ladies! I am in so much denial right now. I'm so used to wondering what to do next to try, and not I don't have to. It's like when you let down your hair after it got used to being in a tight ponytail. It doesn't feel quite right, even though you know it is. :)

I say it'll take me five years to get used to the idea, even with a kid or two running around. :)

We're having a baby or two!!

I got the call not too long ago, then set out calling people. My hCG is 149 right now, and there will be another blood test on Friday to make sure it's doubling. Then the first obstetric ultrasound will be scheduled for two weeks from right now and we'll be able to tell them how many, and then an obstetric ultrasound two weeks later, and then being released from the fertility department to an OB/GYN!!

Cody doesn't know yet. He'll find out Friday afternoon. I have a little surprise plan. He doesn't even know I've have my blood drawn yet. He'll be thrilled to know though. I'll write about what he does on Friday!!

As I wrote in the LTTTC section yesterday, this is what we've been through to get here:

Long story short:
Got pregnant at 18 despite a ton of bc (pill, condom, spermicide, and diaphragm every single time). m/c'd.
I've been infertile since I was 19, hit by a car, bad times.
Been ttc as much as we can for a year. I saw "as much as we can" because we couldn't start IVF right away.
Since November:
First cycle had four faint positives early on (the retrieval was on my 28th birthday!!, and one day after his 26th birthday), then the beta came back negative. Doctor said chemical pregnancy, and that's a nicer way to say miscarriage. So it's considered to be a loss of two more. Got this news three days before Christmas. Sad times.
Second cycle nothing. Not even close. Somehow I knew early on nothing would come of it.
So two frozen embies from cycle #1 and seven more from cycle #2. Decided on a frozen transfer.
Natural cycle FET, low-dose hCG trigger on the 9th, transfer of two on the 16th. The first two thawed made it!
On the 21st I started getting positive tests, that soon after. A total of nine positives, no negatives.​

I've taken 14 home tests, but wasn't going to believe them until I heard official word.

If you want to see the progression pictures of all 14 tests, you can click these links. They go to my Wordpress blog. I could be a one-woman study of "Do the lines get darker as the days go by, and do the lines get lighter the later in the day it is?"

10DPO: Test 1
10DPO for #2 and 11DPO for #3: Tests 2 and 3
11DPO: Test 4 and trying an OPK
12DPO: Tests 5 and 6 and Test 7
13DPO: Tests 8 and 9 and Test 10 and Test 11 and Test 12
14DPO (today!!): Test 13 and Test 14

No I need to stop shaking. I have to appear normal so Cody doesn't suspect yet! And for the inquiring minds, I'll be having a scheduled c-section, not elective. My dream birth would be a home water birth, but a previous medical issue already makes me high risk just to carry to full term. So c-section it is, and that terrifies me more than anything else.

oh god congrats huns and just some reasurement iv had 2 c-sections 1 emergancy and 1 scheduled, its an amazing experiance and when its happening u do not feel any pain, well im doing it a third time when i get preg and god if i could id do it 10 times just not possible, great experiance wouldnt change it for the world and i even got to hold my kids whilst having the section no bond lost, congrats again and dnt fret hunny xxxxxxxxx

I've just been reading your blog (the bits that go along with the BFPs anyway) and my god I can't believe the amount of abuse you seem to get! What is WRONG with people!!?!?

You handle it very well anyway.

And an enormous CONGRATULATIONS to you both. It actually made me cry the way you told your OH :lol: "well I'm not crying am I?" :lol: Such wonderful news and my fingers are firmly crossed. Oh, and get used to the tiredness honey, it only gets worse :D

A happy and healthy 9 months ahead :wohoo:

Thank you, Buddabun!!

People who are open about going through IVF do tend to come under a lot of fire. We're called selfish, told that we "should save up a little more and just adopt," etc.. Hypocritically people who have biological children rather than adopt are as likely to say this as people who don't want kids. Most bloggers out there immediately delete negative comments. Believe me, you haven't seen the worst that I have screened, people hoping I die in a fire for my selfishness and such.

With my blog, I'm trying to show a accurate a portray as possible of what people going through IVF have to go through. That means the bad as well as the good. I lost a friend partly over this. IVF isn't all roses, and the challenges are more than just going through the procedure. Some of my readers had no idea it's as involved as it is, and have thanked me directly for showing them.

And that is why I blog about it, to educate. :)

Wow amazingly huge congrats to you. I cant believe that people were posting nasty things on your blog. You are so strong to get through 9 years of TTC. :hugs: I wish you the happiest and healthiest of pregnancies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->