OMG just weighed myself 5 weeks after birth, much worse than expected!

an9i

Reaction score
OMG just weighed myself, had been putting it off for ages. Knew i'd put on a load of weight particularly as I am diabetic and got insulin resistant in the last few months of my pregnancy which can cause weight gain. Anyway I am 12st 12 lbs which is the most I have EVER weighed, I thought I may be nudging 12 stone so this is nearly a stone heavier than I thought I would be. feeling pretty bad about it right now. None of my pre pregnancy clothes will even go near me, I was 10.5 stone before I fell pregnant so I have put on 2.5 stone not including the baby or placenta!

I really need to get my arse in gear now with shifting this weight, for ages I have been fooling myself that it wasn't that bad but the scales don't lie.

At least it was not for nothing I have my beautiful baby boy to remind me that it was all for a good cause, but now the weight must come off!

Hey hun,

Don't put yourself down. That's not the worse gain tbh, and you've only just had your LO.

Are you going to be getting yourself back into shape? There's loads of girlies here who've managed to lose their pregnancy weight if you need advice xx

its not that bad. You could have gained a lot more. Im 13st now so only gained 7lbs since getting pregnant but I want to get down to around 10st after the birth. Myabe walking with baby will help you get started with exercise? :hugs:

Wish I had only put on 2.5stones during pregnancy........and I wish I weighed 12st 10lbs! :shock: but I know its how you feel in yourself ect.....but dont feel bad about 2.5 stones, that will come off with watching calories and exercise.

Thats exactly the same as what I weighed before and after pregnancy lol Im 5ft 4 so I felt it showed alot and truthfully I felt like utter crap!! I have been eating healthy and doing exercise DVD's and im now down to 11st 12, a bit better but still would like to lose another stone at least!

Don't put too much pressure on yourself yet, let yourself get used to being a mum and enjoy having an excuse for the extra weight :) lol you will lose it once your body gets over the birth :)

2.5st in pregnancy is average weight gain so dont feel bad about it, really good i think.

i was 9-10st pregnancy 14st after first, then 17st after second so yeah.

good luck

that is not bad at all hun. I have put on SIX stone - and its not shifting!!!

I too put on near 6 stone!! I lost a lot from bf luckily, but had to work at the rest, I still have a stubborn 10 lbs to shift which seems to have cemented itself to my wobbly belly, hips and bum! Boooo... Where's that magic wand I so desperately want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->