OMG Look at my TV! :( Lovely right before Christmas! *Updated*

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Why on earth does everything happen at Christmas.

On Thursday I came home from Mum and Dad's to my 50" Plasma which is only 18 months old HANGING off the wall :wacko:

I called my friend over (she lives across the road) and called my dad to come over. They took it off the wall and I had to drive to FOB's cos they had the stand. Luckily when we plugged it in it worked. With the twins I didnt really want it on the stand so my dad came to put the bracket back up in another place and when we put the tv on it didnt turn on :cry:

This was Friday night, so Saturday morning as soon as it opened, I called the repair shop and they said someone would call back on Monday. I called them cos nobody called and they said they would come and collect it on Wednesday, I asked if I could bring it in and they said yeah.

Drops it off and before I am even home they phoned and said its turning on :wacko: but there are little dots on the screen and that there was some kind of fault..

Im praying it dont cost a fortune. Had to pay £108 before they would even look at it.. If they say its gonna be more than £200 I will claim on my house insurance and buy a 3D TV...

Why right near Christmas. So unfair.

I would NEVER imagine a Plasma TV to do that but hey! Thats my luck right now!! :shrug:

Here are the pics

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 56
Did you put it on the wall yourself? Or did you hire someone in to do it? If you didn't hire somebody, then your house insurance won't cover it I'm afraid :flow: (or at least, I'm 99% sure it won't) xx

I'm having a shitty time of it too hun, :hugs: xx

It does. I've checked. I have accidental damage cover. My dad put it up. One of the screws had snapped and come away causing the tv to lean forward.

yo should have been able to get the manufacturers to fix it free of charge. even though the warranty might only be 12 months, the goods need to be fit for purpose and 18 months for a tv is not fit for purpose.

of course don't tell them it fell off the wall though.

That's awful, sounds like it's been a faulty screw if it snapped! xx

No I had to pay for it. It was the first thing they said. 'oh its no longer in warranty so will cost £108 for us to come out, then if you accept the repair price we take £80 off the bill'

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I am hoping its nothing too much. It could need re gassing because of the jolt when it fell forwards.

Thta's rubbish and they all try it on but I was reading in which magazine that a tv should be expected to last longer than the 12 month guarantee they have on it ... but you have to argue the case with them.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...goods/your-rights---repair-refund-or-replace/

here you go hun

Yeah I know. It would still be ok if it didnt fall off the bracket so I cant really argue. There was nothing wrong with it at all until then. I am almost certain the damage was done when the tv fell forwards off the bracket. Im lucky the bottom of the bracket held on or my tv would have smashed and crushed everything below it. :shrug: suppose I should be thankful I dont have to replace my dvd player, sky box, wii and unit :haha:

Totally OT but i LOVE your wallpaper,
i hope they sort the tv out for you soon xxx

So true! Everyone thinks watching tv in bed is good, but after a while, its so uncomfortable!

So true! Everyone thinks watching tv in bed is good, but after a while, its so uncomfortable!

I only have Freeview in the bedroom and its BORING :haha: luckily there is some ok programs on 1-5 tonight.. Lol.

Got the quote back. £302 so minus £80 because I have already paid £108 and its £330. Might as well not even bother paying for a repair when I can pick a new TV up for just a little bit more :shrug:

Honestly, I wasnt really expecting it to be that much, I expected £200 or something but my golly. :wacko:

The most annoying thing is Chloe and Jaycee cant watch anything and they keep asking for Peppa. I am hopefully going to go to Curry's tomorrow and see what deals they have otherwise I am gonna have to order a new tv from my catalogue as I cant really afford to pay outright!

Blooming TV's

i'd get a new one as well. that's a rip off!

sell the old one on ebay for spares and repairs. someone will do something with it!x

Got my TV back yesterday from Samsung, plugged it in and there is pixel damage but not as bad as I thought. They driver said the TV will work but not for long as the pressure on the back is causing the pixel damage so he said either claim on the insurance and they will pay out sometimes letting you keep the TV or they will take the TV away. For now I am going to put it in my bedroom, personally I think a 50in is way to big but the girls can have the other tv in their room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->