OMG MIL offered to do hypno birthing ROFL

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
so yesterday my OH decides to raise the issue of could MIL please look after LO when i go into labour this time. he explains we havent decided 100% but we may opt for a home birth. she asks why and he says as it will compliment the hypno birthing to which she says....."ill hypnotise u. im a qualified hypnotherapist" :rofl:

OMG!!!!!:haha::wacko: yes she did a hypno therapy course as part of her job, shes works in mental health, but i can not think of ANYONE less fitting to relax me (or anyone else for that matter). most people would agree she has an abrasive personality at times and comes with a bell on every tooth lol. i love her really but when im hormonal she really grates on me.
of course we made our excuses and explained its self relaxation. i think she honestly doesnt see the irony in her trying to relax someone.:dohh:

ive actully had to say to OH that if we do do a HB id appreciate it if she didnt come in to pick up LO. we only live in a small maisonette and shell just totally send me the other way. im not saying that to be mean. if we lived in a house she could come in for a cuppa and sit downstairs out the way.

Wow, she sounds like the last person you'd want doing that but I suppose it was nice of her to offer. Some pepole are blind to how they come across.

Definetly get your OH to meet her at the door if she comes to pick up your LO. You are entitled to your privacy when birthing. Maybe he can even ask her to phone as she is pulling up so he can meet her outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->