OMG the HEARTBURN!

mod19

Reaction score
Please tell me there's something out there that helps it. I've started getting it the past two weeks but today it is BAD! Tums are not working and I've tried milk unsuccessfully. Anyone know of any tricks? I've never dealt with it up until now, and it sucks!

My midwives suggest papaya enzyme, but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how effective it is if you're past the point of Tums working.

Talk to your doctor about it. I know some of the more serious remedies (Zantac, Pepcid, etc) are safe, but I don't know which ones. You should be able to get some information, and a prescription.

Zantac. And for immediate relief, Rolaids works better than Tums for me. Feel better!

Zantac 150 was recommended to me by my doc, and it's the only thing that has worked for me. Good luck!

I have major heartburn and the only thing that works for me is liquid mint gaviscon, I have gone thru 2 huge bottles since 23 weeks xxx

Guess I'll be picking up some rolaids and zantac. Thanks guys! It'll start getting better, so I'll drink some water, and it comes right back! From water! I feel bad for those of you who've had it since earlier on.

My midwife suggested papaya enzyme and it's working much better than Tums did. It also tastes yummy and I feel better about needing to take it frequently since it's a pretty natural remedy.

I'm afraid I have to take the more full on medication for this... the 'your baby may be born with defects' kinda stuff. But my reflux is so bad that, like you, I can't even drink water. Very unfortunate!
Hope you find something that gives you relief...

I feel your pain. My Dr. prescribed Rantinidine which is basically the generic form of Zantac. I recommend it, it's really helped me. Usually I try and avoid medications in pregnancy but the suffering & lack of sleep were really affecting me. Hope you get some relief soon!

I take Pepcid up to twice a day as needed, before meals is best, then Tums after. The need comes and goes. It is very frustrating to have crazy reflux that sounds like a dinosaur after eating Cheerios. I can't imagine reacting to water.

Following. Some foods are triggers, apparently, like citrus fruits and tomatoes. Coffee too apparently. I personally notice it really bad after I eat bananas, which sucks because I love them :(

I felt like I could breathe fire yesterday it was so bad, sending you hugs :hugs:

I had a banana yesterday hoping it would help sooth it...probably just made it worse lol

I get heartburn occasionally, but mostly it's just terrible general indigestion/burping. I tried Pepcid once, but it wasn't that helpful. The only thing I remember working well so far is a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.

I've had pretty bad heart burn throughout my pregnancy too. Whenever it gets really bad I take some liquid Gaviscon and it does the trick :p

If it's anything like mine with my daughter nothing fully gets rid of the heartburn for long. I was snacking on tums to the point they made me sick. I then switched to Zantac which again only gave me a few hours of relief. I just ended up dealing with it the past month or two with her. It got so bad I was throwing up because of it too. Hope that isn't the case for you!

If it's anything like mine with my daughter nothing fully gets rid of the heartburn for long. I was snacking on tums to the point they made me sick. I then switched to Zantac which again only gave me a few hours of relief. I just ended up dealing with it the past month or two with her. It got so bad I was throwing up because of it too. Hope that isn't the case for you!

I hope it isn't either! Only on day 2 of the extremeness of it. If it's only going to last 2 months that's way better than 9!

I ended up caving and taking the Zantac twice a day everyday and it helps then I use tums or mylanta at night if needed and stay away from certain foods but I still have it daily. If I go without the Zantac it flares with just water.

Gorging on water and over eating makes it worse. Rolaids extra strength have been doing the trick for me

Gorging on water and over eating makes it worse. Rolaids extra strength have been doing the trick for me

Unfortunately I can't lighten up on the water due to low amniotic fluid issues, and that seems to be what makes it so bad! How on earth can water give you heartburn? I don't get it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->