OMG the HEARTBURN!

It's because if you drink a lot of water without eating anything, there's nothing to absorb the acid, and it just comes back up.

I bought some papaya enzyme today, I'll keep you guys updated on how it works.

Well that makes sense and the light bulb went on lol. I have access to papaya enzyme, I'm just hesitant to take more than I need to, ya know?

I don't think you can take too much papaya enzyme. They taste really good but didn't help me.

I have seemed to do a much better job managing my heartburn this pregnancy than during the last one. I got to the point last time where I couldn't even sleep and had to go on medication.

This time, I've made a few changes and I really believe they are helping. For one, I just avoid spicy food. Even a bowl of mild chili will get my heartburn going. And then I also make sure to eat smaller meals. I end up eating more frequently. I have a small breakfast, snack on something like an apple about 2-3 hours later, eat a small lunch, have another snack, eat a small dinner, and then have another snack before bed. So, I'm eating about every 2-3 hours. But because I'm eating small amounts at a time, it doesn't get backed up in my stomach and create heartburn. I also find, ironically, that milk makes it worse. Water doesn't really affect me. I drink a lot of water.

Unfortunately I can't lighten up on the water due to low amniotic fluid issues, and that seems to be what makes it so bad! How on earth can water give you heartburn? I don't get it lol

Water is the worst for me too. Everyone I tell (including OB and staff) looks at me like I am nuts.

I'm doing better if I suck on crushed ice. Maybe I am drinking it too fast?

Unfortunately I can't lighten up on the water due to low amniotic fluid issues, and that seems to be what makes it so bad! How on earth can water give you heartburn? I don't get it lol

Water is the worst for me too. Everyone I tell (including OB and staff) looks at me like I am nuts.

I'm doing better if I suck on crushed ice. Maybe I am drinking it too fast?

Yeah maybe that's the problem. I dunno. I just know more water = more heartburn. Which sucks cuz they want you to drink soooo much water.

It may help to eat a little something with your water. Even just a few crackers, anything to absorb some acid.

I had NEVER experienced heartburn or acid reflux until about 3 weeks ago... OMG it's the worst ever! TMI but it was so bad I was spitting up acid into my hands and just crying.... My Partner had gone through heartburn for years and we live the natural path and he still hadn't found anything to help. Until we went to a lady at an herb shop we just loved.
If you have heartburn get crystalized ginger!!!! Not regular ginger, it is VERY different and will make it worse. It must be crystalized. Its golden and almost looks and tastes like candy. You bite off three little piece chew to a pulp and swallow. Immediate relief...
I hope this helps. Im so happy now I don't experience it at all. GOOD LUCK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->