OMG, the Nerve!!!

divadexie

Reaction score
I just stopped in co op to get things for lunch... and this woman stopped me (I HATE when people think its ok to interrupt my shopping to coo at Anna! Lol)

She said awwwwh a new baby shes lovely
So I said no, she will be one next month.
Her face went :shock: how heavy is she!?
Told her she is 12lb 2oz and was butted in by ''MY baby was 14lb at 4 months''
So went to say well she was premature, again to be butted in ''yes, mine was premature too, but ALL premature babies should of caught up to a term baby by their due date''

Ok..... so I asked how early hers was, TWO WEEKS!!!

I glared at her. And said ''She was FIFTEEN WEEKS early. And I think you will find, that a baby is classed as TERM at 37 weeks''

Then I walked off, leaving her being tutted at by some old woman, saying her baby was really chubby!! :haha:

I just hate that, some people have no idea. :nope: MIL had DH 2 weeks early and was telling neonatal that must be a cause for Alexs birth.....then i enlightened her i was a 29 weeker :rofl:

i get ratty over the premature baby tickers some people have at term, theres a few about and these women must be convinced they have a preemie, cause you literally have to click 'premature baby' to get the ticker.:wacko:

good for you for telling the daft bat straight!

Silly woman don't worry Hun those type of ppl never understand until they are in that situation. My own sister thought she had a preemie at 37 weeks dumb cow said she didn't get to 40 so my nephew is a preemi. I bloody flipped and put her straight. It's hard to make ur own family understand let alone others.
Not to be big headed but b4 I even had a preemie I was never that ignorant. Good on u 4 puttin her straight. X

I was never that ignorant either :)

My son was 4 weeks early and he was 5lb 11 but I didn't really class him as a preemie cause he wasn't even in the NNU or anything, he came home with me and had no problems at all. Though technically if term is at 27, he was only 1 week early, nothing really to what everyone on here has been through! :)

I hate this, I think I'm going to start lying about his age. I had someone who knew Connor was early still exclaiming 'OMG, I feel sick, my 9 week old is already 12lbs', she kept repeating at the top of her voice that she felt sick. I'm sure she meant she felt sick because she thinks her baby is a fatty, but then she called over her friend to 'look at this baby he's only 15lb 10 and 18 months.' Grrr.

I HATE that. OH has got in the habit of telling people his adjusted age just to keep them from butting in.

Ha! I know what you mean. When people would annoy me at the store I would tell them 'oh yes my son is 2 months old. He was very small at birth and was hospitalized for 4 months'. Then walk away. Then watch the small wheels in their brains churn at they try to make sense of it. I meant corrected age of course. I have a mean streak :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->