• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OMG watch out if you have a webcam baby monitor!

feedindy

Reaction score
https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57598385/baby-monitor-hacked-spies-on-texas-child/

I was thinking of buying one of these monitors so I could see the kids on my computer. This is so scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rb6TnsDqQc

Hi just searched this .. Its not only web cabs but wireless baby monitors sick men or women r able to hack them n see or listen to your child they often talk through the monitor often abusing the child emotionally .. So think again when u buy a monitor ..

When my DD was about a 2 I woke up to her screaming, proper blood curdling screams. Jamp out of bed, ran to her room and she was fast asleep. It happened again. This time I sat outside her room convinced there was someone i her room. It was horrifying. I was so close to calling the police.

Then I heard it again, coming from my room. Panicked and called my neighbor across the street to send her husband over to search my house as DF was away.

When she answered she couldn't hear me... As her son was SCREAMING. Turns out our feeds had got mixed up or something?! We have different monitors and everything. So it must be fairly easy to get into them.

When my DD was about a 2 I woke up to her screaming, proper blood curdling screams. Jamp out of bed, ran to her room and she was fast asleep. It happened again. This time I sat outside her room convinced there was someone i her room. It was horrifying. I was so close to calling the police.

Then I heard it again, coming from my room. Panicked and called my neighbor across the street to send her husband over to search my house as DF was away.

When she answered she couldn't hear me... As her son was SCREAMING. Turns out our feeds had got mixed up or something?! We have different monitors and everything. So it must be fairly easy to get into them.

OMG your story gave me chills.

Yep these monitors r not dumbie proof even someone usin a wireless mouse,game controller etc .. Can control a monitor its the connections that r so easy to access I'd rather get a plug in monitor lol .. But in sure either way they can still access it ppl don't have lives

Two different things though. A normal baby monitor uses radio frequencies so they are easy to mix up, but not really intentionally hack able. I had a clock radio that used to pick up taxi drivers when they drove past. Cordless phones can do the same thing. With wIFI monitors, a hacker can hack into the connection. But put the right security on your broadband and it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->