omg what do i do now?!

winegums

Reaction score
right so this may be stupid of me but i only have 2 nappys so far lol! BUT i got too excited and put one on my son. 5 minutes later he did a MASSIVE smushy poo that filled up the inside! lol now obviously i don't have a bunch of other nappies so i cant put in in a bucket and wait a few days and wash all of them or whatever.... can i wash it with other clothes? its a pockety one.. do i take the inside bit out and wash it seperately? do i have to wash it before i wash it to get the poo off?! lol so confused by it all xx

When i had a few nappies i used to wash them everyday with our clothes. I think it comes down to personal preference. I used to wash the poo off with the shower but then stopped doing that! I also tried nappy liners but i gave up with them too. Now i just put them in a bucket and chuck them in when the bucket is full.

I do sometimes still wash a few with our clothes just so not to waste water by doing a half load. I just take the inserts out and chuck them both in the machine. Rememebr tho when washing them dont use fabric conditioner :)

if you have the option to do a rinse cycle on your washer, it would be better to do that before washing with your other clothes - don't use fabric softener/additives to the wash and just use 1/4 of the normal amount of detergent.

if you have any really soiled clothes that need the full dose of detergent i'd leave them out of that wash.

always wash with clothes to save energy/water, and i just use the same amount of detergent as normal. I put a cap full of milton antibacterial fabric solution in too, and wash on 40. In 8months, never had a problem x

can i just ask i use loads of fabric softener with all our clothes and LOs clothes as i find when OH washes them (he doesn't use softener) they come out all stiff and feel rough :(.... so if i wash a nappy with clothes does that mean i can't use the softener?? thank you xxx

i wouldn't use softener as it's oil based can interferes with the nappy absorbency. the only one i believe is ok is the bold 2 in 1 as it's clay based instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->