On 2 meals a day and still having alot of milk?

L

Laura--x

I was going to introduce a third meal this week but it got me thinking.

I know milk is still meant to be top priority untill they are however old, but its still meant to decrease when weaning starts, isnt it?

Maisies on 2 meals (breakfast and lunch, about 20 spoonfuls each meal) aswell as:

8am - Breakfast followed by 6/7oz of milk
11.30am/12.00 - 8oz milk
2.00/2.30pm - 8oz milk
5pm - Just dinner
6.30pm - 8oz before bed.

Does that sound about right? Shes not having too much? She would take even more breakfast/dinner than what she is now if i let her but i never know if shes having too much or what, she just loves her milk! ( and food now, by the looks of it!

Shall i still introduce a third meal? Or leave it off because shes getting enough milk? Shes getting around 30oz a day of milk!

Hiya
Chloe has never been a big milk drinker and she was on 4 bottles a day when we first started weaning, once I introduced a third meal she dropped a bottle herself, she just wasn't interested in the mid morning bottle so now she has the following:

7.30am [or whenever she wakes] - 7oz bottle
9.30am - Breakfast [porridge or weetabix with some toast]
12.00pm - Lunch [mashed up savoury meal and then yoghurt or fruit puree for pudding]
2.30pm - 7oz bottle
5.00pm - Tea [mashed up savoury meal and then yoghurt or fruit puree for pudding]
7.30pm - 8 oz bottle

She has organix Carrot sticks, apples, mango, cheese or rusks etc after each meal just so I can keep her in her highchair for a little longer as she tends to get sick if I let her get down and crawl around straight away and to try getting her used to finger foods.

Don't worry I still don't know if Chloe is having enough or too much food but I try to jsut be guided by her - Hope this helps

From what I understand, keep on with the milk and be guided by your LO for the right time to cut down. Milk should be their main souce of nutrition for the 1st year.

Milk should be their main source of nutrition for the first year. Just follow what your LO wants :) My LO is 14 months and still has 3-4 5oz cups or bottles of milk a day.

Yeah, what my question is.. is shall i still introduce the 3rd meal even though shes taking so much milk still?

I reckon it's completely up to you Laura, if she's happy on 2 meals plus her milk then I'd be tempted to leave as-is for now. No need to rush I guess.

Yes it is upto you. Isobel ramped up to 3 meals a day quite quickly but she doesn't drink 30oz, prefers her solids!!! My HV said up to 6months - milk is more important and after 6months - solids more important but still got to have 21oz a day.

Our pediatrician put my darling piggy on 24oz max of milk per day...her strategy is stuffing him to the gills with fresh fruit and vegetables. So far it's really worked, he's down to 22 oz a day or less.

But our especial case is a very plump, very big for his age boy...yours may be uniquely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->