On Mat Leave

firsttime83

Reaction score
Started Mat leave this week... house is sparkling clean, got a pedicure yesterday, bags are packed for the hospital.... now what?

Can't believe baby may arrive late which will be in a few weeks! What do I do with myself until then??? Couldn't stand sitting in that chair at work, and now I'm kind of lost at home... There is only so much napping I can do "Enjoy your rest while you can..." ugh

I don't have much advice other than the same old "enjoy the rest" because I'm not having any maternity leave before baby arrives and enjoy every moment that isn't spent at my full time job. Have you read baby's first year/newborn books? Any interest in knitting or crocheting? Maybe you could get involved with some groups outside the home, or spend all your time online as I usually do :haha: Try to relax, but try not to go stir crazy from being too cooped up. Sorry I couldn't be much more help! :)

I was thinking of cooking large meals I could freeze... then when baby comes I can have some easy meals ready to go. That's the only idea I have lol

I'm on mat leave, and have a toddler at home, I actually think I had more rest at work, I've got nothing done, bags no where near packed, I've done no baby washing at all.. The weeks are just flying by.. So I'm actually jealous of all your time, enjoy it.. X

I made all these: https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html

My mom made a couple for us, as well... add those to the four loaves of bread and three dozen muffins I made and froze and now we pretty much don't have any room in our freezer at all! Not a BAD problem, but...

I wish I had rested with my first when I was on maternity leave.

Definitely make some meals and freeze them, as many as you can fit in the freezer! They were a godsend for me, (luckily my mother in law had done loads for me).

Can't make any other suggestions as I wasted time being really busy the first time and should have relaxed. This time I wish I had a minute to myself haha. xx

I made all these: https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html

My mom made a couple for us, as well... add those to the four loaves of bread and three dozen muffins I made and froze and now we pretty much don't have any room in our freezer at all! Not a BAD problem, but...

I LOVE this idea. :thumbup: Bookmarking it now! Banana bread is in the oven now :) Started with the easy baked stuff hahah

My plan is to get the back garden in order, tidy kitchen cupboards, go swimming, get paperwork all filed. Also have downloaded a new book onto my Kindle and getting through a backlog of recorded programs x x

If i was to go for mat leave before my baby arrives, i would watch lots of movies and go swimming big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->