On Mirena, but could I be pregnant?

DejaEntendu93

Reaction score
Hello, all! This is my first time posting, and I apologize if this post is miscategorized.
I had Mirena implanted in November 2010. It was a very normal procedure; I had spotting the whole first month, but after that, I didn't have periods for quite a long time.
Four months ago, I began having a regular period again. I can't feel my strings (then again, I never tried). I thought, perhaps, my fingers just weren't long enough, so I had my boyfriend try. He can't feel them, either. He's never been able to. We thought maybe they were just cut too short, and continued having unprotected sex as usual.
A week ago, I started having a few symptoms of pregnancy. I was never able to smell things very well, and suddenly my sense of smell is heightened. I can smell everything, and not just that - I can smell everything from far away. No scents have made me nauseous, though.
I crave eggs like nobody's business. It's not just like, "oh, I think eggs would be nice for breakfast..." it's more like, "I want to have eggs. I want to have them, right now, I need to have them and I'm going to have them." The only way I've ever liked eggs is scrambled, and now I crave them sunny side up or fried.
Throughout the day, I feel like I'm going to vomit - but I never do. It's just getting worse and worse; last night I woke up four times during the night feeling like I was going to throw up. It was odd, though... my mouth would fill, absolutely flood with saliva while I was feeling queasy, and I've never had that happen before. Today it's happening about every other hour, and in the past week it's been about every four hours. Keep in mind that I haven't actually thrown up; I've just felt like I had to.

Other than that, I show no signs of pregnancy. My breasts are the same as they've always been and I don't feel lethargic. My period, if it comes, will be due in the next three or four days... but its absence won't necessarily prove anything, since periods can be irregular when you're on Mirena.

How much do pregnancy tests cost? I'm eighteen, my boyfriend is 22 and we live on our own, completely independently. Our budget is planned down to the penny.

Lots of chemists do them free and the doctors. You can book in with your nurse at the doctors to have a coil check done if you are concerned and they should be able to sort you out. You just need to get a wee sample bottle and take it to the doctors with you. Sorry to run but just on the way out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->