On the Fence about Baby #4...HELP!!!

Elbie429

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm new here, but in the process of considering ttc Baby #4. It would be Baby #1 for my hubby and I. My ex and I had three boys. We were in the process of WTT #4, but ended up getting divorced instead. That was 6 years ago...and now, I am remarried and stable again after the horrific divorce. Hubby is 51 and I am 38. His kids are all grown, but my boys are 17,14, and 10. I keep going back and forth about having a 4th. Hubby doesnt like to talk about it, isnt opposed, just is old fashioned and thinks that women should work it all out. He hints about having a baby, but again thinks that the woman should decide. Hubby and I are both healthy and have plenty of energy for a baby. I also have fertility issues, so it could be a process for me to even get pregnant...and it's not a guarantee. I do, however, feel that I might have regrets later in life of we dont try. Does anyone have any wisdom to share?

Thanks,

Laura

I do not have any wisdom to share but I am pregnant with my 4th. I too was on the fence about it but I could not agree with the thought of being done yet so I figured I would leave it up to fate. I feel like if you feel you want another and do not feel done that is probably your answer but only my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I'd say go for it hon.
Our son is 4 months old and me and my husband have a 9 and 7 year old so our 4 month old baby was going to be our last.
But we are going to try for another baby next year. It will be mine and my husband's 4th.
I'll be 41 next year and my husband will be coming up to 46 when we start trying.
I was on the fence a bit at first but decided to just go for it.
I think if we dont try I will end up regretting it esp with age not on our sides.
Good luck hon with what ever decision u make.

I do not have any wisdom to share but I am pregnant with my 4th. I too was on the fence about it but I could not agree with the thought of being done yet so I figured I would leave it up to fate. I feel like if you feel you want another and do not feel done that is probably your answer but only my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you choose!

That is exactly what I am learning toward. It would be a miracle because I have PCOS and have to be on Clomid, but I do feel that I'm not going to have closure unless I give it one more shot!! Wishing you all the best with Baby #4!!!

I'd say go for it hon.
Our son is 4 months old and me and my husband have a 9 and 7 year old so our 4 month old baby was going to be our last.
But we are going to try for another baby next year. It will be mine and my husband's 4th.
I'll be 41 next year and my husband will be coming up to 46 when we start trying.
I was on the fence a bit at first but decided to just go for it.
I think if we dont try I will end up regretting it esp with age not on our sides.
Good luck hon with what ever decision u make.

That is what I am afraid of...is having regret. I feel like if I give it a cutoff...like 12 months or so, then if it doesnt happen, I can move on and believe that it wasn't meant to be. But, if I dont try at all, I do feel like I might regret it down the road. Good Luck and thanks for your wisdom!!

That is what I am afraid of...is having regret. I feel like if I give it a cutoff...like 12 months or so, then if it doesnt happen, I can move on and believe that it wasn't meant to be. But, if I dont try at all, I do feel like I might regret it down the road. Good Luck and thanks for your wisdom!!

Ure welcome hon.

I have 3 kids with my ex and now having baby number 4 (first bub to my partner) he has a child from a past relationship also. It was abit of a surprise but it's very exciting! Being a baby that is OURS our special wee completion to our family. Plus our kids are abit older now (5, 7, 9, 9) they understand what is happening and share our excitement. Just something to think about it's a really cool experience doing this with hubby x

It’s my fourth baby’s first bday today. Four is magic, now we are talking about baby 5... I think you already have your answer and just needed some validation. My vote is go for it. When you are looking that baby in the eyes you won’t be wondering anymore :)

It’s my fourth baby’s first bday today. Four is magic, now we are talking about baby 5... I think you already have your answer and just needed some validation. My vote is go for it. When you are looking that baby in the eyes you won’t be wondering anymore :)

oh can we be friends?? I have 4 kids too!! All around same age as yours, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018. I'm sooo broody but this whole Corona virus crap is really keeping me on my toes. I can't TTC at this time yet even though I'd love to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->