On the fence

Brookegarrett

Reaction score
My hubby wants to try but without opks how can i tell of I'm ovulating if i don't use opk? I'm confused

There are some clever ladies on TTC who observe egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) and the positioning of the cervix, and others who use take their temps using a BBTand look at where their temp rises and falls in their cycle. I'm not clever enough, observant enough or organised enough for these three measures, but they're all alternatives to opks.

I've started temping and its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Fertility friend has a good info section on it that really helped me out.

I thought the whole NPNT thing was that you don't chart or test for ovulation etc? Happy to be corrected. x

I'm pretty much just letting nature do its nature thing and not charting or temping anything. I think that's pretty much what NTNP is all about, right?

i dont use opks or take my temps at all, you will start to notice changes in your own body also that will give you hints your about to ovulate or are ovulating...you can use a ovulation calculator calendar to get a rough idea about your ovulation dates around when they should happen for you they are not 100% accurate but it would give you a rough idea , with those dates you can chart out when you will do the deed so you wont miss your ovulation but have enough sex for that cycle and also to keep a refreshed amount of sperm so not having sex everyday within that time frame...

I thought the whole NPNT thing was that you don't chart or test for ovulation etc? Happy to be corrected. x

The whole reason I'm temping at all is to get some sort of handle of when things happen in my cycle. It's so irregular it can run anywhere from 30 to 45 days and I want to have some sort of indication of where I am in it. It's helping me get to know my body. But normally yes that's part of NTNP. I guess I'm really somewhere in the middle? I temp and chart those temps but I don't OPK test or anything more than temping, and we don't stress over BDing at the "right" time, just when it's good for us.

DH was opposed to the OPK too. However, I told him I wanted to see if what I felt was ovulation, was. I was correct and he didn't get made. I am now 3 dpo and have had a dull ache ever since, but at least I know I was correct about when I ovulate.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/preconception/fertility/five-ways-to-tell-you-are-ovulating.aspx

This is a pretty good list, just listen to your body and you won't need OPKs.

As far as NTNP is concerned, I pay attention to when I am ovulating but I don't force sex around that time. There's is nothing wrong with knowing when you should be ovulating as then you will know when to expect AF, I think it's best to know when she's coming so you don't get caught unawares. :shrug:

Cool, thanks guys. I'm new to this NTNP thing so just want to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

x

The whole reason I'm temping at all is to get some sort of handle of when things happen in my cycle. It's so irregular it can run anywhere from 30 to 45 days and I want to have some sort of indication of where I am in it. It's helping me get to know my body. But normally yes that's part of NTNP. I guess I'm really somewhere in the middle? I temp and chart those temps but I don't OPK test or anything more than temping, and we don't stress over BDing at the "right" time, just when it's good for us.

I do the exact same. I've been on HCP for 15 years and had my 1st period in 10 years only 3 weeks ago! Strange thing to be excited about :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->