on the road to health! Wanna share pointers?

CoyoteSun

Reaction score
Gosh where to start... I've had a weight problem since late 2001, before that I was never considered super skinny, but I was very athletic. I'm getting ready to turn 25 now and still lead a very active lifestyle, but I'm incredibly heavy.

I show and train horses by profession, so I have the groundwork for a great body. That lifestyle is probably the only reason I don't have any obesity related health problems... yet. I know if I don't fix this then I'm going to succumb to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease etc etc... They ALL run in my family.

Currently I'm 5'6", size 22/24, 281 lbs. My goal is 100lbs within a year and another 40 after that. So far I've safely lost 24lbs in two months by cutting out cola and fast food alone and eating between 1400 and 1900 calories a day. I eat when I'm hungry and eat healthy. I know I can do it, I'm hoping y'all can help in the motivation department.

I'm doing this on whey protein shakes, fruit/veggie snacks, and chicken and fish. I give myself one cheat day a week to go crazy and help convince my body that I'm not starving. No simple cars, low sodium. So far so good.

It sounds like your diet is good...
Can you incorporate more exercise? Like jogging?

It sounds like your diet is good...
Can you incorporate more exercise? Like jogging?

I work 16 horses so there's plenty of jogging and walking and lifting and core exercise. I think I need to shake it up because my body is so used to it. I may be 281, but I'm not flabby and people stare at me like I have 10 heads when I tell them my weight LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->