Once a day suncream, yes or no?

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm a bit dubious that it will actually do the job. Does anybody use it? My son is very fair skinned and I'm worried he'll get burned playing out at school. Don't think the school would want me showing up at lunchtime with the suncream!

I've used it the past 2 years for Earl going to pre-school and need to get some more for this summer. On particularly hot days I re-apply once we get home from school so that he can play out in the evening, but other than that not a problem at all - he's never so much as caught the sun when I've used it. I do use the highest factor I can find though.

I've used it the past 2 years for Earl going to pre-school and need to get some more for this summer. On particularly hot days I re-apply once we get home from school so that he can play out in the evening, but other than that not a problem at all - he's never so much as caught the sun when I've used it. I do use the highest factor I can find though.

Thanks, I'll have a look at getting some.

I only put it on once. My oldest just has this skin that never burns and tans beautifully so I don't put the very highest factor on her . my youngest is just ridiculously pale and I apply the highest factor for her skin once and shes not burned far

In theory you should only actually apply sun cream once a day anyway so it is something that I would look at getting. You should any reapply if they've been in the water and it's rubbed off. Once they have used up their allocated time in the sun, rather than reapply they should cover up or go inside.

Never heard of once a day sun cream but normal suncream wears off and needs topping up after 3 hours. At the school mine go to in nursery and reception the support staff help the kids put sun cream on and all years above apply it themselves. Mine put it on just before we set off for school and are told to top it up before lunch time play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->