One born every minute - episode 3

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Whose watching it?

Who thinks that the vbac woman's hubbie needs a good slapping?

Imagine lecturing your wife during labour and talking about his needs, moaning that his wife's lack of moving about has slowed down labour and that he felt he didn't need to be there. What an arse.

lol i'm watching it - hes not very positive! i'd have kicked him out! couldnt be doing with that lol

I'm watching it, I love this programme. I agree, that hubby is about as far away from supportive as you can get!

ok think i'm going to slap him! lol

i agree with all of you. makes me glad i did it on my own!

well with my parents present actually, but no thoughtless partner/husband

OMG that guy was a nightmare!!
My heart jumped up into my throat aswell when they were trying to get the baby to breathe.

Well its safe to say if my OH was like that man he would be missing a couple testicles.

I was really afraid for the baby but was all happy in the end :happydance: and I am glad the lady got to take her baby home finally!

I had tears in my eyes ans was saying come on baby breath!!!!
I was thinking if that was my baby i would have been terrified!

I'm so pleased everything worked out for them all in the end. I love this show how long is it on for?

Omg that man needed a firm slap! I'd have thrown the bottle of gas at him! hahaha!

missviki88 i know how u feel I was getting so scared for them!

Absolutely love that program! Such a brilliant idea.
xxx

I watched this again last night - brilliant programme. OH caught the last bit of it as well and he seemed quite interested asking lots of questions lol. I was so scared for that little baby - glad everything was ok in the end. xx

Watched this with OH last night.

That husband was absolutely horrid! You wouldn't say those sorts of things to a stranger, let alone to your wife! OH agreed and was holding his hand over his mouth because he just couldn't believe it.

He wouldn't shut up either - had to keep on and on at her. I wasn't keen on him from the start, especially when he started comparing business management to his wife and family.

OH told me not to worry and that he would be supportive and certainly wouldn't have a go at me, no matter how long he'd be waiting.

Watched this with OH last night.

That husband was absolutely horrid! You wouldn't say those sorts of things to a stranger, let alone to your wife! OH agreed and was holding his hand over his mouth because he just couldn't believe it.

He wouldn't shut up either - had to keep on and on at her. I wasn't keen on him from the start, especially when he started comparing business management to his wife and family.

OH told me not to worry and that he would be supportive and certainly wouldn't have a go at me, no matter how long he'd be waiting.

That was my OH's reaction too, he started laughing coz the hubby was so horrid! Good for her for just ignoring him, I'd have pummelled him into the next room, cheeky bugger!

OH also said he would never try and lecture me like that. I told him the only time I'd want telling off is if I hit my own mental wall and thought I couldn't do it anymore... then some nice, gentle encouragement would be good :D

I am looking forward to watching it already ^^

Vicki - its on Tuesday at 9pm, channel 4 :D you can watch it on more4 though online :D

I was sitting here thinking - please baby breath and thinking how hard that must be waiting - think that was the only time that man shut up!

awww that little baby - I had my hands over my face, and DH was up on his feet right in the screen! we were terrified!
as for the HUb, he was an arse, but when it came down to the pushing, he was a good'un...

I'm so gald they showed us more on the baby from the first episode. OH was so impressed with how they managed to get his bowels back in.

One thing im disapointed in is that they allways show more of the women that have complications or make lots of fuss. The barely showed any of that woman having a water birth that was calm and in controle.

Well channel 4 is a private channel isnt it? (Unlike BBC) so They probably do it to get a better quote of watchers.

I thought the water birth was really nice and the OH who was horrible to his partner in labour I just wanted to hit him..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->