• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One step further! Eeek!

Islas_mummy

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I saw my midwife yesterday for my 28 week appointment, and mentioned I wanted a home birth. She got really excited and started blabbering all this fantastic stuff to me about how great it will be. Which just got me even more super excited!!!

So I am booked in to have my 36 week appointment at my house! Eeek!

My hubby did say "the sooner you get this idea out of your head the better" and I told him to put a sock in it, and when he has bothered to actually do some research and come up with some useful negative information about home births to back up his argument.....then let me know!

He looked a bit taken aback and just muttered "But I liked it at the hospital, it was a fun outing and they made me tea and toast." So came the argument that when he has to push a human out of his body, he can decide where he wants to do it!

Silly men!

Men are daft!
I hated everyone who said negative things about home birth.
Glad your midwife is lovely, I have a lovely one this time too.
Xx

Men! Do you not have a toaster at home?

I can see why guys feel better about hospital births, since they might be reassured that we're already there in case of problems. But 'it's a nice outing' is the funniest reason I've heard! Most people don't like spending time in a hospital.

I know he obviously doesn't get out enough! Lol!

I think he liked the attention bless him.

I am excited though. I am sure the nerves will kick in when the time approaches though.

I just mentioned to my DH "at least you won't have to worry about parking" and he was fine after that :)

I just mentioned to my DH "at least you won't have to worry about parking" and he was fine after that :)

Yeah that'd work, I was nearly an hour late to an appointment on Monday due to parking xx

Yeah that'd work, I was nearly an hour late to an appointment on Monday due to parking xx

As it turned out we didn't get our homebirth... however, after a mad dash to hospital when I realised I was in transition, we parked in the 'dropping off bay'. Two minutes after our baby was born DH pipes up with "do I need to move the car?" :haha:

As it turned out we didn't get our homebirth... however, after a mad dash to hospital when I realised I was in transition, we parked in the 'dropping off bay'. Two minutes after our baby was born DH pipes up with "do I need to move the car?" :haha:

I saw your birth story ...
We had a similar mad dash with ds and dh parked in one of the emergency bays luckily we were in and out so quickly no one noticed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->