One tiny episode of bleeding, 5w6d. Help?

MySmileyBaba

Rainbow due Aug '16
Reaction score
So, we spent New Years Eve in the hospital
I went to the loo and noticed a splash of blood in my underwear, not loads, a little bit in the loo and when I wiped. I have an assigned bereavement midwife since we lost our daughter to SIDS on 29th September 2015. Tried contacting her. Nothing. Tried EPU. Nothing. Went through about six departments before being told to go to the Urgent Care Centre to be referred on. The same Urgent Care Centre I had to go to three weeks after our little girl passed away when I had my first period after having her because I was bleeding so heavily I kept faiming, where the genius nurse gave me a newborn nappy (my daughters size) to put in my underwear because she couldn't find any pads.
Went there, they said my abdomen and scar felt fine, so sign of an ectopic. Pregnancy test came back pregnant with a tiny bit of blood in the urine. There's been no further blood, no cramping, over twelve hours on. I'm booked in for a scan on Wednesday to see what's happening. I don't even know how to feel or whether to assume the worst. I've no idea. Anyone experienced anything similar? Wish I could know everything is okay sooner just needed to share. It's now over 24 hours since and I've had a tiny bit of brownish discharge but no blood since.
I had a c-section in September with my daughter, so there's only two months between pregnancies. Also suffered a hematoma with that c-section four days afterwards, which burst out through the scar but the scar held. Could this make SCH more likely this time?

Also posted in August Sunbeams :)

Nic

I had bleeding in pregnancy with my DS. It wasn't spotting... it was heavy enough to leave on my underwear as well as when I wiped. I had a scan done but they never found any reason for it. My doctor assumed since I fell pregnant with my DS only 3-4 months after delivering my DD full term that maybe my uterus just wasn't completely healed all the way from the birth. Maybe that is what is going on since you said it was only in September when you birthed your DD. I'm so sorry to hear your story and I'll keep my fx that the bleeding is from something benign :hugs:

Thank you <3 that's put me at ease a little bit. They are pretty close together, especially having had a c section and hematoma then too. If I were a uterus, I'd freak out! (Can't believe I just said that, haha). I'm hoping its just that. Hoping so much. I just need this <3

I had some bleeding at 6+1 they did a scan and I had a tiny baby with a heartbeat. I am still nervous everyday and I will be until my next scan but I did have a baby with a heartbeat in there after the bleed. Hope that helps put you at ease a little. :hugs:

It does a little bit, thank you. After the loss of my little girl I don't see a point I'm ever not going to be petrified. Wednesday needs to hurry up!

When are you due? x

August 14th :flower: Lil and I are both a part of August Watermelons :winkwink:

I think a lot of the watermelons may be in sunbeams as well though

Ahhhhh! Yeah, I'm in Sunbeams, although I'll come join watermelons if Wednesday goes well.

There's a couple little things that make me smile here, that's definitely my little girl. Sunbeams made me smile because we call my daughter our little miss sunshine, and tell our nieces/nephews that Lily has gone to live in the sunshine. Watermelons make me smile because there were watermelons all over the first ever sleep suit she wore. Even the bear on the image because her nickname was Baby Bear/Lily-bear. Glad I have her reassuring me. :hugs:

Ahhhhh! Yeah, I'm in Sunbeams, although I'll come join watermelons if Wednesday goes well.

There's a couple little things that make me smile here, that's definitely my little girl. Sunbeams made me smile because we call my daughter our little miss sunshine, and tell our nieces/nephews that Lily has gone to live in the sunshine. Watermelons make me smile because there were watermelons all over the first ever sleep suit she wore. Even the bear on the image because her nickname was Baby Bear/Lily-bear. Glad I have her reassuring me. :hugs:

Awe hun! She will always find little ways to pop in with things like that. My cousin lost her little girl at 2 and her nickname was Jaycee bug. Lady bugs constantly visit her and family members its like she uses those to remind us she is still here. I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child.
As for your situation now, I've had spotting this pregnancy from 3 weeks to 7 weeks. Then it stopped for a week before I had a gush of red blood and passed some clots on Christmas night. I too went to the ER and all was fine. I saw the baby, heart beating away at 121 bpm! Went back for a follow up on Monday and the baby's heart was 164 bpm!
I was told that first trimesters are just mysterious (in a nut shell pretty much) you can have a ton of bleeding and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Then again you can have a tone of bleeding and lose a pregnancy. They told me it was just one of those weird things 0_o
I was fortunate that the bleeding stopped after a few hours and then turned to light spotting for a few days. It's completely gone again.

I've bled in two of my pregnancies. Heavy bleeding. Both pregnancies were healthy and never found a "reason" to it. It might not help per say but at least gives hope in knowing blood doesn't always necessarily mean something extreme or bad. Good luck and congrats!

Thank you guys! <3

Awww, bless that's adorable USAF_WIFE. Maybe Jaycee-bug has been showing my little girl the ropes eh, how to send cheeky little signs to her family.

Rei: Thank you. I was a bit hesitant about posting outside of the Pregnancy After Loss board and worried that people would avoid me as they don't know what to say, so thank you. Really hope this is just one of those things. Good luck too mama ^_^

Mysticsl Mommy: early pregnancy is so weird! I'm glad it's not just me!

Little update. Four days on and nothing further has happened. Feeling sick as a dog and my boobs feel like they've been kicked so feeling more hopeful. I also did a digital test with the dating thing yesterday and it came up positive right away and said 3+. If the worst had happened I figure by now hormone would have dropped at least a bit. Come on Wednesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->