One week of bleeding & cramping but HCG stays the same!

Laska5

Reaction score
Last Wednesday my HCG was 720 & then this week it was around the same, like 740!!! What is up with that?? I'm SOOOOO frustrated! I need my body to do what it's suppose to do! This is my second miscarriage & these next couple of weeks are going to be whirlwind with family in town & lots of activities for my stepson who is graduation high school & then leaving for the army basic training! He needs a strong supportive mom, not the emotional depressed & weapy person that I've been, I'm just really hating my body! Since I've never had my own baby I would like to avoid having another d&c! Why can't my body ever just work right?

Aw, I'm sorry...and I can commiserate a bit. Except I've had one miscarriage - I'm so sorry you're going through it twice. How hellish. Nothing like a miscarriage dragging out too. My hcg just kept inching up for 2 weeks after we learned it wasn't viable. Then it dropped too slowly for the next 2 weeks and I needed a d&c. I thought, "I can't even do a good job at miscarrying." Having an angry, dark weekend and not feeling hopeful about the future. I'm with you on being angry at your body. But you are a very caring person that you're trying to be strong for your stepson. Give yourself a pat on the back for that. This is a terrible time where you need to be caring for yourself, but you're managing to take care of family events too. That's a big deal. xo

Oh Laska, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I just had my second miscarriage a couple months ago, it's devastating.

I was nearly 10 weeks pregnant when I went for a ultrasound and baby measured a week behind and no heart beat. Same as the first time --> I had no bleeding, no signs of miscarriage but the baby had died inside.

The first time I waited for 3 weeks after the ultrasound (and total of 5 weeks after baby had died) and I started bleeding on my own and miscarried naturally. After the miscarriage my hcg was so high they thought I had a twin stuck in the tube so I had to take the miscarriage meds also.

Second time I waited for 4 weeks to miscarry naturally--> I also applied hot water bottle, hot showers and belly massage to help it out but nothing happened and so 4 weeks after the ultrasound and 5 weeks after baby had stopped developing I took the miscarriage meds. And they didn't work! At least not straight away. But I patiently waited and a week after I took the meds I started bleeding and passed the sack.

Hope it helps.

I decided to let it go as close to naturally as possible and waited for so many weeks cause I believe the body doesn't like/need the stress of being pregnant one moment and being D&C'ed the next.

But other ppl feel more stressed about having to live with the dead baby inside them for so long and seek closure and choose D&C. So that's ok too.

What I found out on the net while waiting to miscarry naturally and what the doctor didn't tell me but agreed to when I asked was:

The body will eventually miscarry. Sometimes it takes 1 week sometimes it takes 15 weeks. Miscarriage happens when the hormons normalise. And also hormons normalise when the sack is out (that's how D&C works).

If you decide to wait it out just be aware that emergency situation is any fever, chills, foul smell and other signs of infection.

I hope we soon become mamas to healthy sweet and fluffy babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->