One word that sums up 2011 for you

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Why? And what do u feel is the end result?

One word : change (for the better)

Why: Well i became a mum at the end of 2010 so 2011 meant alot of changes. And spiritually i made big life saving changes and it was a new beginning also.....even tho it had been with me my whole life, i finally did something about it :flower:

End Result: Im in a very happy, fulfilled place right now and i love being a mum :thumbup:

Whats yours??

Hectic

Why- babys 1st year, learning my babys personality, likes and dislikes, watching him grow and change and explore the world, throw in family arguments, 2 trips to the uk, a christening, visits from friends here, power cuts all summer long, husband nearly dyin in a routine op, yeah hectic

wow they does sound hectic! Hope ur husband is doing ok now xo

he's doing alright now, dicovered he has a vascular tumour like mass in the very top of his nose, they dont think its cancerous, we're awaiting a referal to a uk hospital in the new year!

so crazy year for me, heres hoping 2012 is calmer, altho with a move to germany, and maddox learning to walk and become a toddler i dont think it'll be quiet hahahha

Life changing!

My 12 yr old was meant to be an only child until fate stepped in! I don't rhink I realises how much a baby changes your life, I must have known as I've done it before but it's been a serious shock to the system!
It does sound a cliche when you say it's change for the better. I can't imagine life without the little fella now... I may have alot less sleep, be run ragged and have had to put our old easy social life on hold for a bit but he's so worth it!!

Change for me too!

We are expecting a healthy baby boy, we are very happy about this. DH's father has a terminal illness (we found out last March..), we are not happy about this. I have a baby neice that I have only seen for 2 weeks of her life and the next time I see her, she will be 14 months old (!!!).

Surreal.

My Dad died unexpectedly on Jan 5th, the day before DH's birthday and 2 weeks before mine and my Mum's birthdays. DH's uncle died on Jan 28th. In April Mum started 'dating' a guy she and Dad knew from 40 years ago. Started IVF in July and got my BFP in August. The family cat was put down, aged 16. Mum got remarried in October, less than a year after Dad died (still working on dealing with that one!).

Work's been insane - on top of a heavy workload I've also been performance managing a member of my staff who is basically cr*p while trying to deal with all the craziness at home.

It's been both the best and worst of years :wacko:

I overcame alot of my demons in 2011. I realised my biggest enemy was myself. I dont a skydive (ultimate fear!) and learnt to drive/passed my test :) SO all in all feeling very pleased with 2011 plus me and OH didnt have any big arguments. Miracle :)

[/B]One word[/B] : Amazing
Why: I became a mummy on 05-11-11. My monster arrived 5 weeks early. I made some amazing friends also in 2011. Plus planning for exciting things for 2012.
End Result: I've achieved a lot this year. Surprised a lot of people and myself.

One word : unpredictable

Why: I got pregnant after NTNP for at least 2 years. Had a miscarriage. Became a published author. Went on a summer vacation with my DH and some of my guy pals and their families. Quit my job to form my own company. Found out I was pregnant again. Keynote speaker at a technical conference. Have made it past my viability date this time! Tomorrow is double digits! We have less than a week left in this year, and I have no idea what to expect.

End Result: Totally excited and speechless!

Manic.

Waters broke at 14 weeks, Oligohydramnios, suspected pre-eclampsia, Thomas in hospital at 2 weeks old with Sepsis, operation in November to remove his thumb and pin his ear, several hospital visits for his ear, PND etc.

Roller coaster.

Trying to get pregnant battling IF, trying to get a new job, keep getting job leads then they don't turn out, moved twice now I am moving again at the end of the week.

Unexpected.

I didn't expect that we would decide to TTC or get pregnant with no2.
I didn't expect to be made redundant after working for the company for 8 years.
But both have worked out for the best in a big way!

not a word, but a sentence, it nevers rains.. always pours!

beside the kids, we couldn't have had a worse year.. it's just been one thing after another after another. someone up their hates us, or thinks we're millionaires!

rollercoaster

why? because it started mellow, i got pregnant after a ltttc and fertility meds a week in to the year, time has flown like you cant beleive, my parents had a major thing and nearly split, my dad has become unwell, my pregnancy was up and down, my baby was born and he was a complete shock to the system and then oh ex trying to cause stress, all ended up by 9 people round my tiny dinner table in my little terraced house this xmas.

i could sleep for the whole of 2012 for the stress ive had.

Word: Eventful.

Why: death of our step sister, death of our step-gran, death of my bump buddy, death of OH friend, friend losing her baby at 6 months pregnant, grandparents being ill and in hospital (grandad had 4 heart attacks in 2 weeks....he's still alive though!!). Mum & sister going through a depression/break down.

3 family engagements (including mine & 2 sisters!), a wedding (my mums), birth of my nephew, celebrating my childrens 1 & 2 birthdays.

End result...getting drunk on NYE to celebrate the end of the shittest year yet :drunk:! To bring in the new year with style :lol:

Wow some of you have had a really rough year :( Sorry to all the ladies that have experienced so much loss and pain in 2011, 2010 was like that for me so i can relate *hugs*

Emotional

Both good and bad emotions. Vin was born, auntie died, gran was in hospital for a week after being rushed in, 2 weddings, met my dad's new partner, OH had an operation.

It's also been wonderful watching Harvey become his own person and naturally being a lovely big brother.

Hell.

Why:
-found out we are facing MF in Feb. Gyno dismissed me ane referred me to a FS which insurance won't cover.

-DH spending problems causing us to scrap by.

-grandmother has been in and out of the ER with her newly diagnosed hypoglycemia. The poor woman has been on the brink of death many of times now.

-in May my SIL announces she's expecting her third when they can't afford the twins they already have. We had a falling out because some of the shit she said behind my back.

-living in a shithole town with no school or job opps.

-sinking into a deep, dark depression and having to seek out a therapist.

-and still not pregnant.

Feck off 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"