One year in ...

threebirds

Reaction score
One year in ...
Kinda says it all. 37 and a half and ttc #1
Not even ov'ing every month & havent this cycle :-(
I am a +ve person so even tho Im down now, i'll get over myself and cheer up and find some pma somewhere :)
Am seeing doc this wk, and expect fs referral - feel free to suggest things I should raise with her. Also any suggestions for anything diff to try would be very welcome! What is dhea?
Thanks everyone. Im more of a lurker than a poster but would be lost without the forum and all of you. Not telling people about ttc as I cant bear them checkin out whether i am or not when they see me. I do need to lose some weight, I also live in a sm community, and like most of y'all every1 around is preg or has been there already.
xx

Try and stay positive, a year might seem a long time but plenty of people take longer than that. I know what you mean about being surrounded by pregnant people, it can be really disheartening. Hope things work out for you soon x

Thanks Storm. Off to doc tomor so hope that is useful. I know it can take a while, just need to get zen about it all :) and ovulate often enough xx
What about you, do you have any kids? Hows your ttc journey going? Babydust

Thanks Storm. Off to doc tomor so hope that is useful. I know it can take a while, just need to get zen about it all :) and ovulate often enough xx
What about you, do you have any kids? Hows your ttc journey going? Babydust

Ohh hope the doctors trip goes well!

I'm 35, TTC#1 - only started in Jan after coming off BC and never realised it would be so stressful or hard! It's certainly been a real shock to the system. Here's hoping this month is a better one, if not 3 more months before its off to the doctors to see what can be done.

Thanks x
Got my FS referral which is great, but doc said it might b a couple of mnths. But at least i know we r in line for all the tests if we dont get lucky in the meantime.

Hi threebirds,
I totally know how you feel. I came off the pill in May 2009, TO ttc but didn;t ever get my periods back. went to fertility hospital and have got to say they are totally amazing. they test everything, so please feel like you're in good hands.
it's awful though i feel like i've spent my life preventing pregnancy and then when i want it, it prevents me!
I have been ovulating on my own now for 8 months and still no joy, have had one m/c and a couple of chem preg, not that it helps me any. I'm a really positive person, and have a great attitude at the mo. the way i try to look at it is....i cannot control my fertility and the more i try to control it the more out of control i feel when i don;t get what i want. I can't change the outcome by wishing it, willing it but I can make it worse by getting upset/frustrated and every other emotion I feel.
I believe it will happen, when it's meant to, and if it doesn't, well there's nothing I can do about it.
Sorry for intense reply, have just eaten my way through a bottle of red following the arrival of the witch today.
Love and best wishes, feel free to ask anything about tests they do and info they give, coz i def got my money's worth, i went in with my notebook and pen (lol).....

xx

Thank you Ampcat. Hadnt checked in for a couple of days so only reading your message. Really appreciate it! Im with you on the btl of red to see the witch in, sometimes ya just got to do it. Thank u for offering info about the tests and all, im gonna send u a buddy request :)) i so know what u mean about the stress cycle! My plan for the next while is to get out for walks more and i have my first acupuncture session booked for a few days time (OH sceptical but Im into giving it a go). Good luck to you too, hugs & happy st patricks day x

Got your friend request, i think i have accepted. I am new to this site and so you may have to bare with me as i'm still learning how it works. It took me about 10 mins to work out how to accept your request ha ha.
I also go for accupuncture. And last week went to see a herbalist too. Speak soon x

Hi threebirds

Sorry for your distress, I hope my story can give you some comfort. I am 43 today and struggling with that :-( However, I decided a bit late in life (38) that I would like to have a child. By 39 I was pregnant, suffered a m/c at 6 weeks, pregnant again 6 weeks later and at the age of 40 delivered a beautiful, perfect baby boy. At the moment you may not feel this but 37 is not old, you still have plenty of time and you are starting investigations sooner rather than later, which is good.

I was delighted to be pregnant again last year, only to lose at just over 12 weeks and hence, am struggling now when I imagined I'd be turning 43 today and 7 months pregnant, instead I'm just turning 43. I continue to try and hope that my experience of late will be of interest to you. This may be of interest to Ampcat too, for the past 3 months I have been seeing a herbalist who is prescribing vitex agnus castus and DHEA, amongst other things. The former is a hormone regulator and can help regulate your cycle if you are irregular so may be something for you to pursue? I asked her about soy isoflavones after reading about them on the forum (there's a lengthy discussion about this, I think it's on TTC after loss) but she is less keen on these and has prescribed DHEA which she says has shown promising results. Apparently it has been used by IVF clinics for patients to take in the months leading up to treatment as a way of optimising the eggs, I ***think*** Anyway, I figure that, neither is doing me any harm and am hopeful that they will do me a whole lot of good!!!

Sending good wishes to you both x

Thank you Spoomie & belated birthday hugs.
I really appreciate you sharing your story and your advice. Really encouraged to hear about your wonderful baby boy, and so very sorry about the miscarriages.

I am going to look into agnus castus. I did try soy iso and that didnt wrk for me. I have also started with a fertility acupuncturist which is really interesting.
Best wishes to you and thanks again x

Thank you Spoomie & belated birthday hugs.
I really appreciate you sharing your story and your advice. Really encouraged to hear about your wonderful baby boy, and so very sorry about the miscarriages.

I am going to look into agnus castus and dhea. I did try soy iso and that didnt wrk for me. I have also started with a fertility acupuncturist which is really interesting.
Best wishes to you and thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->