One year on, does anyone still feel wrong?

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
My periods, which I've had since the birth, are so massively heavy that I am pretty certain they have sent me anaemic which I had never ever been before pregnancy. They are mega clotty and last over a week with fresh blood and 4 or 5 days of being at their heaviest. I get shooting pains in my womb/ovaries or generally that region, not really sure which bits would be which. Scar's still tender sometimes. Still feel weird inside and sex, though much improved, is still not as easy to get started (though plenty as good!). Been having funny twinges in my boobs since the birth which I thought would go after BF but haven't. Recently I seem to be getting sore nipples like I did when I was pregnant too. (I'm not now!) The smear I had done a few months ago was extremely uncomfortable. Basically I still feel quite a wreck and I constantly worry that when we next TTC I'll discover something dreadful is wrong with me. Am I supposed to feel this bad a full year on?

I'm afraid I cant help much. Would seeing your doctor help? x:hugs:

I'm afraid I can't really comment on the period aspect as I didn't have any for 4/5 months and then fell pregnant again.

Were they clotty before you were pregnant? It is worth seeing your GP about it, especially if you are constantly feeling knackered, anaemia is highly possible.

As far as shooting pains in bits and boobs, I'm not sure if those parts will ever be quite the same again. I only BF for 3 months, but I sometimes still get those wierd shooty pains/tingles that happen when BFing (perhaps its more noticable not I'm preggers again).

As far as my lady bits. I can still feel the scar. Sneezing hard (like the cold I have at the mo) and puking (pregnancy related again) really puts strain on it. I feel like I'm going to prolapse. I can't feel most of the sensations that I used to during sex, but I can still appreciate it all - if you catch my drift.

I have no idea if that is normal or not, but wanted to let you know that, to a point, I'm there with you!

I hope you find some answers.

Hi. I'm also a year on and think I got my periods back at about 4 months once I'd stopped breastfeeding. Mine are slightly heavier but only for the first couple of days but are otherewise normal. I do get pains in my boobs quite a lot though ( & only since the birth) to the point where I went to see my GP as I was worried it was something more serious. She didn't find anything wrong and thought it was related to the time of month which it does seem to be but lasts for about 2 weeks of the month! As far as my scar goes, I had an episiotomy and it was quite out of the way IYKWIM which I think helped it to heal well so I've not had any trouble with it and can't even feel it. I don't know about yours but it may be that yours was in a more sensitive area or something! Did they not say anything about how it had healed when you went for your smear?
Sorry I can't be of more help but I would definately speak to your GP and get checked out to make sure everything has returned to normal.

Thanks for the replies. firstLO - no comment about the scar when I had my smear so I guess it must look ok. It never even occurred to me that the nurse could see it! :dohh:

wellington - My periods were not much clotty before and I think the lochia was less clotty than my periods are now! I think I am anaemic and have been taking iron supplements for a couple of weeks now. Given how much I am bleeding and the being so tired (outside of the no-sleep because of Byron's incessant teething) so I had a look round my eyes and the skin was so pale in the lid that I thought it certainly couldn't harm anything to take some iron. But I imagine the anaemia is caused by the heavy bleeding so I don't think it offers much of an explanation about my general healing.

Though I'm sorry other people feel odd or crap I'm sort of relieved that there are others with long term issues making it all feel a bit more normal! Thanks again for the replies.

<<Though I'm sorry other people feel odd or crap I'm sort of relieved that there are others with long term issues making it all feel a bit more normal! Thanks again for the replies.>>

Humm, maybe. But less 'abnormal' doesn't make you feel any better really... does it? I know it doesn't me. Just less alone.

However, I know friends who have real incontinence issues to deal with, so i count my blessings in that department!

Yeah you're right, I've not wet myself once through the whole pregnancy/postnatal thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->