One year since my first loss

tcinks

Reaction score
I can't believe it's already been a year, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I had an appointment and I knew something was wrong. I was listening to the radio and heard a woman talking about pregnancy and infant loss remembrance. I thought "How sad for those mommies who lost their babies, please don't let that be me."

Needless to say, that night I became one of those women. I lost my Ronen at 13 weeks. :(

I became pregnant again in February, and I carried my sweet baby girl Selah for five months until I delivered her at 21 weeks. :(

I'm sad and lost. And numb.

All I can say is that I am so, so sorry for your losses. I have lost three pregnancies, the last was twins, but all have been very early. Each time I am thankful that it happened within the first trimester.

So many women deal with pregnancy loss, at all stages, but so few talk about it. Resources are limited.

In a few weeks I am opening up a miscarriage support group in my community. A safe place for women to come and talk about their experiences and to break the silence that envelops our society. Maybe doing the same thing in your community can help you and others.

I called a health clinic in our town to see if we could use their space after hours and they agreed. We will have access to the lobby only so they don't have to worry about confidentiality breaches and their midwife offered to come to any meeting to answer questions.

I hope you find peace and that your rainbow baby finds his or her way to your arms. We have been lucky enough to have our rainbow and it does, obviously, help. I have since been told that I will be unable to have any more so my DH and I are looking into adoption. I already feel myself opening up to the idea of loving a baby in need.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for your losses too. :(

There are groups in my community that I'm a part of.

Also, that's great that you're looking into adoption. We are too. We always planned on fostering and adopting, even before the losses. But now we are focusing on it more. We took the foster care/ adoption class a couple months ago and are hoping to have a child placed soon. :) We are still actively ttc as well.

Tcinks, I am so incredibly sorry for your losses. It is such a horrible thing to go through. You are on an amazing path both with fostering/adopting and TTC, so I wish you all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->