• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Online food orders uk

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
This is not baby related but as I don't drive and my oh hates food shopping I'm considering ordering online for delivery. What are people's experiences with different supermarkets. The main thing I'm worried about is making sure things are good quality and have decent expiry dates. I'm not too bothered about waiting in for it. Any recommendations ladies? I normally like asda for choice and prices.

I've used asda delivery and had no prob with them. However I don't tend to order fresh fruit and veg because I like to pick my own so I choose the best. Tbh I tend to order just Cubard fillers like tins and bottles and cleaning products and then just nip in shop for other items but cause you only need a few things its easy manageable.

Sorry if I babbled on haha

Oh the only thing I don't like (but its the same with all places) is that if they don't have what you want they send you alternatives which sometimes are similar however sometimes there nothing like what you want. But they tell you this before you accept and you can refuse them if you don't want them.

Oh and you pick your delivery shot I think it's within 2 hours so you don't have wait in all day

We've used Tesco a few times and they've been good. Most of the fresh stuff has an indicator of how long the dates are so just look out for that before ordering. For example meat I buy for hubby's work sarnies I always look for the ones with 4+ days. Also if they need to substitute anything they will do so with a better equivalent at no extra cost to you unlike other stores you usually get the cheaper stuff.

You will get £12 off your first £60 shop too so definitely worth it, especially when nappies are on offer :)

I've used Tesco several times and it was great. I've never had a problem with anything they've given me, though sometimes they don't have things I want (no more so than at the store though as it just comes from the same store). I do find it helps me save money though because I don't buy anything extra besides what I actually need. We did it a lot right after our daughter was born. I actually like going to the store, but sometimes I still do it if I have a really busy week.

We use Ocado, they have good quality & price match a lot too. Also only a 1 hr delivery slot.

i like tesco, have found that sainsburys often dont have all the items you ordered

I like tesco and found sainsbursys didn't have as much choice x

I use Tesco and don't have any problems. I would say use the delivery service with the biggest store near you so that you have a better chance of getting everything. My deliveries come from a huge tesco warehouse near Gatwick and hardly ever get subs.

You can also put notes on items. So I put no green bananas for example and they usually follow. But when you have delivery make sure to check dates and quality because you can always refuse something if you don't like it.

I also use the mid week delivery saver because almost all of our shopping is online so I find the delivery charges don't work out too bad over the 6 months. I also like that shopping online keeps all of your coupons so don't have to keep track of them, it tells you if your shop is eligble and you just tick a box. I also save loads of money because I'm an impulse shopper and always buy things I don't intend to when I go to the store. I also like that it saves your favourites so makes the shop really quick, plus you can see all the deals really quickly. Oh yeah and you can keep adding/taking away things from your shop until 11pm the night before delivery. Sorry I'm rattling on, I need to finish my shop for tomorrow night now. :)

I wouldnt recommend using asda for online shopping as i have found a few times that the dates on meat are rubbish and i usually end up with 6 meals that need eating in 2 days!

do not order with asda i will never shop online with them ever again i placed my order which was for 120 pound asda took 310 pound out my accound the said the 190 was a security fee which is stated in there t&c so i checked it said they take a 1p security fee they finaly gave me my money bk 14 days later.

I have found Asda to be pretty rubbish as well. Last time the guy turned up an hour early with the wrong size nappies (one size too small) and trying to substitute my baby milk with a different brand. Won't be using them again!

Sainsburys are brilliant. Delivery slot is 1 hour. They guarantee good dates on fresh food. The delivery guys are so nice (I live on the top floor and they rarely complain!) You can choose no substitutions so it's fine if you don't want them to substitute. Delivery is free over a hundred quid so I do my big shop once a month with them.

I find asda really bad for poor dates on fresh food ie meats and veggies, that being said they do have a really simple refund system. You just go online, and click to say what was wrong with the item and you will get a no quibble refund within a few days.

I generally use tescos though as I collect the clubcard points through the year for christmas time, and have always found their service fabulous compared to asda and I have had yet to need a refund from them for anything.

I love online shopping, couldn't imagine going shopping to a store now as it drives me potty and I end up spending a fortune on useless crap I never needed and forgetting half the stuff I did need!!

Asda are best for price-but hate using their app on iPad, it freezes so much, so it's annoying from a user interface point of view.
Tescos-found good delivery, better staff, but cost a but more.

Ocado-cost more, but fruit and veg was great. Delivery woman even asked if I wanted it carrying into the kitchen.

Sainsburys-they delivered us a cracked jar of curry that got all over our carpets, milk out of date on another order. So not overly impressed.

Xx

I use Asda as they seem to be the cheapest for the food we buy. I agree on the dates on meet and veg not being very long, but I buy in bulk for a month so you only pay for delivery once and that way I get it out the way once and for all, cause I really don't like having to make a list and figure out what we're going to buy, so I only have to do it once this way! And it also works out much cheaper for us as you can make better use of the offers like 3 for £10 etc. I put the meat in the freezer before it reaches the best before date so it stays fresh! I buy frozen veg and we buy our fruit fresh from a local shop.
Before we used to order online we would aim for about £50 a week, so £200 a month, I managed to get a months worth of food for £130 last week!! It's so much cheaper buying it all in bulk!
Also, Asda do the price guarantee, where they have to be 10% cheaper than other shops on the 'comparable items'. I got a voucher of £10 once because they weren't 10% cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->