Online food orders uk

ive used them all and I prefer ocado for a few reasons. Delivery slot is 1 hour,price for delivery is cheaper and the website tells you what is out of stock so you cant order it! everything comes from a warehouse not a picker in a shop.
Ocado brand is really lovely and cheap,they also price match with tesco!

We have used tescos a few times and had no probs, other than we never got a jar of pickle I ordered.

xxx

I use Asda as they seem to be the cheapest for the food we buy. I agree on the dates on meet and veg not being very long, but I buy in bulk for a month so you only pay for delivery once and that way I get it out the way once and for all, cause I really don't like having to make a list and figure out what we're going to buy, so I only have to do it once this way! And it also works out much cheaper for us as you can make better use of the offers like 3 for £10 etc. I put the meat in the freezer before it reaches the best before date so it stays fresh! I buy frozen veg and we buy our fruit fresh from a local shop.
Before we used to order online we would aim for about £50 a week, so £200 a month, I managed to get a months worth of food for £130 last week!! It's so much cheaper buying it all in bulk!
Also, Asda do the price guarantee, where they have to be 10% cheaper than other shops on the 'comparable items'. I got a voucher of £10 once because they weren't 10% cheaper.

Same for me, I always put the meat in the freezer and buy frozen veggies to last the month. Hubby works long hours so for five nights a week it's just me. The days he's off, I will go down to the grocers to buy fresh fruit/veg.

Save loads too because I don't go "Ooooh, that looks nice."

Wasn't a fan of Tesco but love Asda.

I actually compared my shopping between tesco and asda myself, by putting all the same things in my basket and it asda worked out cheaper!
Last time the bloke forgot to give us the pizzas we ordered but about 10 minutes later he came back and said: were you missing your pizzas?? so that was very good service!

do not order with asda i will never shop online with them ever again i placed my order which was for 120 pound asda took 310 pound out my accound the said the 190 was a security fee which is stated in there t&c so i checked it said they take a 1p security fee they finaly gave me my money bk 14 days later.

Yep Asda do what is called ring fencing a second amount although I have no idea why they do this because if they try to take the 'real' payment and you don't have the funds or there is a problem with it like a technical glitch they will just cancel the order, so they don't take the security deposit in the end anyway. Usually the security amount is the same as your order total but it can be more and mess up other payments that are going out of your account. This happened to us last time we tried to order from Asda and that, along with the fact there are four to eight substitutions in every shop along with several items they say are totally not available and they don't even try to substitute, well it has put us off.

Tesco had very bad experiences with them so stopped ordering from them about five years ago. Ocado are moderately good but for what we buy they are working out expensive-they can be the cheapest depends on what type of products you buy. Currently we mostly use Sainsbury's I think we have only had substitutions once or twice and they are always for what is almost exactly the same product just from a different range, so say we ordered regular pitta breads the sub would be basics pitta breads, or vice versa. Only lame thing is they charge you the extra if the subs cost more, most other stores no longer do this. Their drivers are always on time and really courteous and they always manage to find us easily, we have had major problems with other stores and Ocado in that regard xx

Never had any problems with Asda with the payment!! I think they 'freeze' £1 in your account, cause I've tried ordering food before (before payday) and there was less than that in the account that I used and it didn't work, so had to transfer some money. Anyway, they always just take the amount that it's gonna cost out of our account!! And if they can't take the money out, which has happened once or twice, they send me a text to let me know it didn't work and I had until a certain time that day to sort it out, by paying it over the phone I think, or by letting them know the money was in the account and they could try again! NEVER had any problems with it AT ALL!!

Sainsburys without a doubt - 1 hour delivery slot, if they are late you get a voucher, and mistakes they sort them out ASAP (we had a mix up once which resulted in the store manager bringing our groceries (12 miles away) when the store closed which I was happy with as a solution) , they are good with dates as far as I know, I only ever shop for 3 days at a time when it comes to fresh food so no idea how they would be on a weekly shop and the quality in general is much better than asda or even tesco

Have heard literally loads of horror stories of asda online customers having money frozen in their accounts for days at time

ASDA, wouldn't touch with a barge pole! Their websites not user friendly (for me!) I've heard several horror stories about my local store and generally don't rate their food.

We only shop in Lidl and Farmfoods and top up in Morrsions as its 2 mins away but if we get good vouchers it had to be Tesco or Sainsburys. Tesco's click and collect is great if your near a store and the charge is much cheaper than delivery.

Looking forward to Morrisons offering online soon, should be good as they're working along with Oacado.

I shop with tesco and have done for years...! I pay delivery charges up front 3 months at a time which works out loads cheaper as i get delivery on a Sunday and only pay £3 a week! Never had any problems and love that the substitutes are often better than what i order! Ordered a small pack of pampers once and they gave me a box for same price as small packs had sold out...! You can also say online what to substitute items with... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->