Online grocery shopping-UK

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
I wrote my car off yesterday :( I have worked out finances and theres just no way i can afford to replace it.

Im looking to start a weekly online shop, im completely new to it. I have looked online for a straight forward comparison on delivery costs/minimum spends etc. But im totally confused, and after a while spent searching, im turning to you ladies for your opinions/experiences/recommendations/tips.

I used to usually alternate between Asda and Sainsburys.

Before I discovered Aldi (who sadly don't do home delivery :() we got Tesco to deliver our shopping every week. It was really easy to do online and no problems at all and it was good collecting the club card points and vouchers. xx

Sainsburys are by far the best IMO for online. Shopping

One hour delivery slots, one mistake out of around 100 deliveries, and the. The manager brought my shopping to my door in his private car

Food is always picked with good dates as well

Asda I have read some awful reviews about. Taking your money twice and funds not being released for days leaving people with no money and sometimes no shopping

Tesco didn't impress me used them 3 times they were late twice, and one of those times was over 3 hours

Have you used mysupermarket? It's not for the delivery prices as such but it has all the major supermarkets on there and you can compare prices of products. I love it and do my weekly shop through them :) I alternate between ASDA and Tesco. I've never had a problem with either :)

I second mysupermarket. I use it everyweek. I love the swap and save thing it does. We usually use tesco, ocassionally asda, and have never had a problem. Iv started getting it delivered mid week now, as its only £1.

I second mysupermarket. I use it everyweek. I love the swap and save thing it does. We usually use tesco, ocassionally asda, and have never had a problem. Iv started getting it delivered mid week now, as its only £1.

Wow really? I have a delivery on a Wednesday and the cheapest I get it is £3.50 :(

I also agree with my supermarket but the actual website can b slow!
Asda have started to offer bulk delivery prices, £8 for the whole month unltd I believe.. We use asda and don't have any major probs with delivery and we tend to order night before

I alternate between Sainsburys and Ocado. Not a fan of Asda, always received very short dated fruit and veg and navigating through the site used to drive me insane. Sainsburys have a fantastic basics range and Ocado has so many things I can't find anywhere else. Ocado always price match with Tesco too which is quite cool.

Wasn't impressed with asda - they packed my bread and eggs under tin cans :dohh:
Normally use tesco and haven't had too many problems, when there has been an issue have always got a refund easily.

We alternate between Tesco and Asda (Tesco have 1 hour slots) and never have a problem with either place. I always write down what I'm going to buy too so it takes half the time :) xx

its hard to recommend because really its down to stock and staff at your local store-i use tesco and they are fab! on time any problems they will refund and the bonus of clubcard points-before i moved i used asda and had no problems.however when i used them up here they made soo many mistakes each delivery items out of stock etc so now i use them occasionally to stock up on bits i cant get from tesco-i think it will have to bee trial and error-mid week delivery is usually 3.50 with tesco and 3.00 with asda

Rant alert! (Sorry!)

I've only tried sainsburys do far (I don't use it weekly, just now and again when I'm too busy etc) but am going to try some others I think. I've had problems with sainsburys website - once I updated my card details as my card expired. I got a confirmation email to say it was all updated but on the delivery day they tried to use my old details which obviously declined and then instead of calling me they just didn't show up in the delivery slot.

Just before Christmas I arranged a delivery as I was 8 months pregnant and didn't fancy doing a big shop in Christmas rush. Delivery was arranged for 3 days before Christmas. I had recently moved and had already given them my new address (again I had the confirmation email to prove I'd changed it). When the confirmation of the order came through I noticed my old address was on it. I went onto "my account" and just by trying to access this it came up with a message saying I needed to rebook a delivery slot. I wasn't even in the order or actually changing anything - I got no warning at all, it basically cancelled my delivery slot and when I went into rebook there were no slots left. I rang customer service to be told by the woman on the phone that it was my fault (yep she actually said that to a customer). Even explaining I was heavily pregnant and supposed to be resting due to illness garnered no sorry about that/sympathy let alone any help. Hubby ended up going shopping at 9pm for me on a rare night we shouldve spent together (he had been working late nost nights) and it took 2 weeks for sainsburys to reply to my subsequent complaint. They admitted it was their fault and gave me £10 off my next online order but it was too little too late tbh. Ironically I have had great customer service in my local store and even reported feedback on it in the past.

If you look online (or at vouchers you get everywhere these days with your receipt) you can usually get deals - 10% off first order and such like. Might be worth using these offers to try out a few different ones - that's what I'm about to do.

I alternate between Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose. I don't use them weekly, just every now and again.

Waitrose is the best, have never been late or had an item substituted. Minor irritations with the other 2 (why is it always the one thing you really need that is out of stock?) but no major problems.

Sorry about your car, hope you and LO are both okay? Will you not get any money back via insurance? x

I use tesco. I tried sainsburys but the store nearest me doesn't have a very good range. I do delivery saver so I pay for 6 months up front and I save loads.

Asda told me they would come between 7am-10am, I waited until 11am then called and said it hadnt arrived (icould see out my window and 100% didnt miss it) I was told theyd been and id not answered. They didnt try and phone either my mobile or landline. I was very upset being 38 weeks preg at the time and was told since I wasnt in (which I was) they couldnt refund my delivery costs and they were fully booked that day so id have to wait in 9am-5pm the next day so whenever someone was free could come. Safe to say I will never order from them again.

I do between tescos and asdas usually but lately dont use asdas as i keep getting loads of substitutions. They can also be odd about timing of taking money out. My last order with them was first week of feb and only taken money out yesterday. Its fine as had money but had to double check we had not been double charged or account hacked

I use tesco every week, they have hourly slots and you can pay a fee each month instead of paying for delivery each week, I've cut my delivery cost by nearly 60% doing that as I always use the most expensive Saturday slot. I also like the fact that I get my clubcard points each week, it's one of my big incentives to use Tesco.

Stay well clear of Asda, the few times we have used them once they took the money twice and I didn't get it back for nearly a week, and the second time they took the money but didn't deliver my shopping!! They said they didn't receive the funds in time, clearly my bank wasn't lying so I have never used them since and I never would!

I usually go between Asda and Tesco but have been sticking to Asda recently as I bought the £15 delivery pass. When the pass expires I'll probably go back and stick with Teaco, asda have loads of substitutions and the date can be very short on bees, fruit and veg. I've tried Sainsburys but the online site says they don't deliver in my area, even though I've seen the vans quite often

Tesco are better than asda IMHO as the substitutes for me have been better. Sainsburys always cost a fortune.
Ocado are nice, but seems to cost a lot for the things we buy there.

Iceland do online shopping in some areas and morrisons are just starting to. Might be worth looking around for a voucher code for first time shopping too.

I got £15 off my first tesco shop and £12 off my first Sainsburys shop.

I've been using Tesco for years and have never had a problem. On the few occassions I've used Asda, they've either lost half my shopping or not turned up at all, and their customer service is shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->