Online grocery shopping-UK

I shop tesco or sainsburys, sainsburys have longer dates but tesco better alternatives, tesco customer service is always good, the rare times I've used asda I've had issues and customer service is not helpful!

I use all of them. I'd say sainsburys are the best. I like asda for wine, tins etc but sainsuburys have the best fruit, meat etc

We have always used tesco..
You can get some good promo codes for them.
We get it delivered late at night when it is cheaper.
If you order a basic product and they dont have it they will give you a brand up at no extra cost.
The only issue I have ever had is a bottle of washing up liquid leaked so I rang customer service and they refunded both bottles at their full price, even though only one had leaked and they were on offer.

xx

I use Ocado, they never deliver a shit ton of replacements like most supermarkets do!

I second mysupermarket. I use it everyweek. I love the swap and save thing it does. We usually use tesco, ocassionally asda, and have never had a problem. Iv started getting it delivered mid week now, as its only £1.

Wow really? I have a delivery on a Wednesday and the cheapest I get it is £3.50 :(

Yup. Only started a couple weeks ago. Last week i had my food delivered between 10-11pm, doesnt bother me since OH doesnt get home on a tuesday till 10.20 anyway so by the time he has eaten its gone 11. But the guy was actually sat outside at 9.55pm and didnt come over till 10pm.

I wonder if it was just an offer/ trial.

The best I've used is Ocado. I don't use them weekly but occasionally if I have a busy week. They've never let me down, always on time and 99% the time all my items are available. I've used Tesco as well, they're ok but I found they substituted stuff with ridiculous alternatives all the time.

I use ocado, have tried them all and really ocado are the best in my area. Price match with tesco, , website tells you whats out of stock, 1 hour delivery slots with a txt to say if anything isn't available, cheap delivery slots and the midweek pass is cheaper than other supermarkets.
Really recommend ocado own brand stuff, its really good.

I also used alternate between asda and sainsburys... i now use sainsburys online shopping and have done for just under a year now. Its good because you can still collect nectar points. Ive also been offered free delivery for a year which cost me 20 quid. Thats like only month worth of delivery costs fr me. As i was paying 5 pound a week normally.
They are also good with any problems with your items...like if the packaging's damaged or eggs broken. If you dnt notice at time of delivery they offer you a refund. Usually more than the cost of the item.lol i had a damaged bagel packet which cost 1.60 n got 5 pound voucher for the inconvenience ...not bad imo.

I shop tesco or sainsburys, sainsburys have longer dates but tesco better alternatives, tesco customer service is always good, the rare times I've used asda I've had issues and customer service is not helpful!
Yeh asda online is rubbish...the service/delivery

Sainsbirys site for me was hacked and someone tried to buy loads on my account in England. Its a dodgy site on my end signing in and out. So I have no account with them any more and never will. I do miss them though they had some tasty food.

I am stuck with asda now, not free delivery. But good enough selection of food and more deals I found. I hate tesco, dosnt have anything for allergies like gluten free here. No selection.

Safe bet is asda. But they do have a protocol to get rid of the near sell by dates to home delivery, The drivers have told me that several times. They even argued as people send them back. They have targets to meet. I believe they all do this.

Sainsburys are by far the best IMO for online. Shopping

One hour delivery slots, one mistake out of around 100 deliveries, and the. The manager brought my shopping to my door in his private car

Food is always picked with good dates as well

Asda I have read some awful reviews about. Taking your money twice and funds not being released for days leaving people with no money and sometimes no shopping

Tesco didn't impress me used them 3 times they were late twice, and one of those times was over 3 hours

I've had similar experiences with all three to what you mention and agree 100%. While it can vary from area to area, asda do in effect 'take the money twice' and have even triple charged some customers and in some cases have never returned the money. It happened to me and along with the fact they would substitute up to 7 items in each shop or say the product wasn't available without even trying to substitute and leave us without something essential, well we haven't bothered with them for nearly a year now. Sainsbury's are usually excellent I've only had two bad experiences with them and both incidents were down to temp staff over the Christmas period, the first incident they gave me £25 e voucher as compensation and the second one £15. Ocado are also good and far cheaper than you would think. I tend to alternate between them and Sainsbury's xx

Thanks for all the great responses.

I went online to Sainsburys, to make an order, but when i selected the cheapest slot (£2.99 on a sunday night) it came up on my order as £6.75?! I cant afford that every week on top of my shopping!

I alternate between Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose. I don't use them weekly, just every now and again.

Waitrose is the best, have never been late or had an item substituted. Minor irritations with the other 2 (why is it always the one thing you really need that is out of stock?) but no major problems.

Sorry about your car, hope you and LO are both okay? Will you not get any money back via insurance? x

Thanks lilyd, i have claimed on my insurance for the motorcyclist i hit, but although im fully comprehensive, they will write off my car, offer me £500 for it, but then deduct my £400 excess :(

Im better off not claiming for my car, therefore not paying my excess (even though i claimed 3rd party) and a local scrap yard have offered me £124 for my car (plus they pick it up). I have no savings. Rubbish :(

We all got checked over by paramedics at the scene. Myself, my 3 passangers, and the motorcyclist are all ok thank goodness :) Im struggling with the guilt more than anything though.

Thanks for all the great responses.

I went online to Sainsburys, to make an order, but when i selected the cheapest slot (£2.99 on a sunday night) it came up on my order as £6.75?! I cant afford that every week on top of my shopping!

I alternate between Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose. I don't use them weekly, just every now and again.

Waitrose is the best, have never been late or had an item substituted. Minor irritations with the other 2 (why is it always the one thing you really need that is out of stock?) but no major problems.

Sorry about your car, hope you and LO are both okay? Will you not get any money back via insurance? x

Thanks lilyd, i have claimed on my insurance for the motorcyclist i hit, but although im fully comprehensive, they will write off my car, offer me £500 for it, but then deduct my £400 excess :(

Im better off not claiming for my car, therefore not paying my excess (even though i claimed 3rd party) and a local scrap yard have offered me £124 for my car (plus they pick it up). I have no savings. Rubbish :(

We all got checked over by paramedics at the scene. Myself, my 3 passangers, and the motorcyclist are all ok thank goodness :) Im struggling with the guilt more than anything though.

You probably have to spend £100 or a set minimum to qualify for the cheaper delivery

Asda charged me twice 3 times. Lucky my bank gave me the money back right away as they took a chunk of my rent and I was fuming. I think they all have their faults.

I always used Ocado, they were fantastic. Great communicators, always packed well, friendly and their customer service was just the BEST. I miss it!

I have used Asda & Tesco in the past. I haven't had a problem with either.

One delivery was later than originally booked but the driver rang to say he was going to be late due to a tyre blow out. Apologise prefusely, bless him.

I would like to try Ocado but they don't deliver around here.

I use waitrose which is obviously more expensive shopping wise but I just rate their food so much more highly than the others. Minimum spend is £50 for home delivery. Delivery is free. 2 hour slots and service is amazing. Guy was late yesterday for the first time but he called to tell us and apologised profusely. We also got a £5 discount because of it which is standard if they're late. The substitutions are few and have always been for better/higher priced options with no additional charge.

I have used sainsburys tesco and ocardo. Both sainsburys and tesco have given me lots of substitutions and products that go out of date really quickly. One memorable occasion was tesco delivering a loaf of bread that went out of date the next day at 8pm at night, really useful!

I love ocardo. When you shop they tell you what the minimum shelf life will be on your products, I've never had any substitutions and they tell you when you order if something is out of stock. Only had that once as they are usually well stocked. I've never paid for a delivery with them either as there slots all have difference prices so I always pick the free ones. They have never been late in fact half the time I have been called, including today, to see if they can deliver a little early.

we used to use Asda all the time but now we use Tesco,, the delivery slots start from £1 and up to now we have had no problems with them,, :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->