Only 1 kg gained till 19 weeks with twins...

Mahas

Reaction score
Anyone else not putting on weight... Although I started looking pregnant since 8th week the 8th week and still look quite pregnant but the scale doesn't show it... My dr wasn't really concerned...

I also havent really gained weight ... at my 12w scan I weighed 85kg and yesterday I weighed 85.9kg ... my doctor said to keep it up

With my first at 20 weeks I had gained a totally of 15 lbs..second half I gained another 15. This pregnancy I'm 2 weeks from 1/2 way and fluctuating around a 7 lbs gain max...I was worried at first but my dr said every pregnancy is different and I might just suddenly pack on a bunch. Hahaha. She said as long as my stomach is growing we're ok.

Since your having twins though...I can see the concern. My advice is as long as the dr isn't worried don't be too much. That being said. Make sure your getting lots of dairy and veggies and grains because your babies will just take from you and your the one who will suffer.

There's an online pregnancy calorie calculator. I went on and it said I should be eating around 2500 for my height and pre baby weight. Maybe see if there's one for twins and just write down what you eat in a day. I realized I was a bit under so I added and extra glass of milk at night to be safe....

Goo luck!

I was 43kg at my 10 week appt and I'm now about 46 at 16 weejs but it's really hard to put weight on when you're being sick all the time so I'm pleased with that!

I'm 13 weeks & as of yesterday I've lost a stone this pregnancy. I've had awful sickness & its still here so I doubt I'll start gaining until it goes away. My midwife wasn't concerned as my bloods were fab & iron levels were really good. With my son I was ill but instead of losing weight I seemed to stay the same til around 20 weeks when I gained about 14lb from then til term xxx

I had gained no weight up until 20 weeks, at 16 weeks I asked my midwife and she said it's perfectly okay. And I checked a couple of days ago with obstetric nurse who said that it's normal for some women to not gain much weight until 3rd tri.

I would speak to you doctor/midwife just to make sure they're okay with it. But as long as you're eating well you should be fine :flower:

I wouldn't be worried if your doctors not. As long as you're eating, they will take what they need first. Some women gain very little even with multiples. Wish that was me :haha:

Well, I shud've mentioned earlier that I was already 8kgs overweight when I started *sheepish* but yeah my doctor really wasn't concerned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->