Only 30 weeks but the cot is up!

kaye

Reaction score
Hey

Well we had a few growth scans and baby under 5th cent so I need weekly scans plus twice weekly monitoring. I had steroids at.28 weeks to help the baby lungs incase.of early delivery.

So really not sure when she will be arriving. If she stays on this growth rate they said 37 weeks but if she slows down could be sooner.

We thought it best to get organised. I feel like it might be bad luck tho!! What do you think? The cot looks amazing tho

I think it's the right thing to do! Especially given that baby might come early. I'm 31+4 & slowly trying to get things ready. I have GD so there's a possibility my LO might come early. I'd have my crib up too if I didn't have to move out for a few weeks while we have work done on the house. It's making me so nervous, so I've put together a 'grab box' for DH in case baby come early & I'm still at my mum's :haha: It has all of his newborn clothes in, some blankets, Muslin cloths etc. it's a working progress. xx

The right thing. The last thing you want is baby coming early and then having to still set up things at home in between hospital trips that's way too much stress. I'm having twins so expect to go anytime from 30 weeks, but ill have everything from 28 weeks.

We found out last week twin two is under the 10th centile, so im glad i got prepared early on! Xx

It definitely sounds like the right thing.

I had everything sorted at home quite early on, although it wasn't all set up 100% but that was because of me not being organised enough! I just found it reassuring to know everything was at home ready, just in case. Especially as I had threatened early labour and I thought what a nightmare it would be to be at the hospital and to know there was still so much needing sorting and ordering at home.

I think this way you can probably relax a little bit better knowing that if you were to have your baby now, things are at least sorted at home so you can concentrate on your little girl and not the cot etc.

Glad you love the cot as well <3

x

I've had mines up since 28 weeks lol! I just feel the need to be organised. But I have to admit I do keep the nursery door closed so I can't see it all the time! You have done the right thing :)

I had steroid injections starting at 30 weeks with my last pregnancy and delivered at 35+2. We had the cot set up looong before that. We ordered everything at 16 weeks when we found out we were having a boy :blush:

We put our cot up at 30 weeks purely because we were so excited lol x

There is no such thing as bad luck xx I think you have done the right thing, getting everything sorted now will be one less thing to worry about if she arrives early xxx

We got DD's cot up and her nursery done at 32 weeks, good job as she arrived at 36 weeks!

This time we've just finished DD 2's room and i'm 30 weeks. I just need some more curtain rings and then it's all done.

I think you should just put it up when you're ready. No matter how early it might be. No judgement please but I've had our crib up since 10 weeks. I'm now 31. It'll just be one less thing you have to worry or stress about as D Day gets closer.

My hubby always tells me if it makes me feel better than do it. A happy mama = a happy baby

I'm happy it's up. Just can't wait to have a baby to put in it now. &#128518;&#128518;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->