Only got my bounty pack :)

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Hee hee, had my booking done today woohoo, got my bounty pack and was told about the new screening they do since last year, for Edwards syndrome and also Patau's syndrome, what is everyone else thinking are you taking the screening or not?

I had mine on Tuesday :)

It's like I've never been pregnant before :haha:

I'm having all screening. :coffee:

I think i will have the edwards and patous (sp?!) but not for downs because i wouldn't do anything if it came back high risk.

I had a screening for various trisomies (including downs, as there is no way to pick and choose with the test and I wouldn't mind knowing either way) done last week after my 11 week ultrasound. I'm not sure if it's the same screening test that you were offered, but here in the US , the one I got is a NIPT called Panorama, which tests fetal DNA found in the mother's blood. I could get my results back anywhere from today to sometime next week. I'm anxious because I just want everything to come back low risk so that I can breathe a little easier until my anatomy scan. As a bonus, the test I had done can also determine the gender, so that's pretty exciting if it works out okay. :)

I had a screening for various trisomies (including downs, as there is no way to pick and choose with the test and I wouldn't mind knowing either way) done last week after my 11 week ultrasound. I'm not sure if it's the same screening test that you were offered, but here in the US , the one I got is a NIPT called Panorama, which tests fetal DNA found in the mother's blood. I could get my results back anywhere from today to sometime next week. I'm anxious because I just want everything to come back low risk so that I can breathe a little easier until my anatomy scan. As a bonus, the test I had done can also determine the gender, so that's pretty exciting if it works out okay. :)

Hello, no not the same as here in the uk, we have a scan where they measure the nucol fold behind the neck and that gives an indication of chances of having certain things, you then are given further testing if your odds are high. Oh my so you might know pink or blue next week?!!! Wow!!

Hello, no not the same as here in the uk, we have a scan where they measure the nucol fold behind the neck and that gives an indication of chances of having certain things, you then are given further testing if your odds are high. Oh my so you might know pink or blue next week?!!! Wow!!

Ah, I see! We do the nuchal translucency test/scan here too. I had that done last week at my 11 week scan and was very low risk. (The measurement was "1", I think and anything less than that is considered invalid. So, good results!) The NIPT, on the other hand, are fairly new here. There are several different companies that do them-- mine just happened to be the does a test called Panorama. I'm not actually in their target market because of my age (younger than 35) and the fact that my baby's nuchal fold looked great... but I've spent so much of this pregnancy worrying and I'd just like a little extra reassurance. (Plus, both myself and my husband have some incomplete family medical history, which makes me nervous.) Because I'm not in the high risk zone, the doctor said I may get a a bill for $200 or less, but I figured that was worth it for the peace of mind. And yes, as a bonus, if they found enough fetal DNA to run the test at all, I will most likely get to learn the gender when the test results come back. 12-13 weeks is crazy early, but I'm not complaining. :lol:

Anywho, I hope everything goes well with your scan and screening tests!!!

Ah, I see! We do the nuchal translucency test/scan here too. I had that done last week at my 11 week scan and was very low risk. (The measurement was "1", I think and anything less than that is considered invalid. So, good results!) The NIPT, on the other hand, are fairly new here. There are several different companies that do them-- mine just happened to be the does a test called Panorama. I'm not actually in their target market because of my age (younger than 35) and the fact that my baby's nuchal fold looked great... but I've spent so much of this pregnancy worrying and I'd just like a little extra reassurance. (Plus, both myself and my husband have some incomplete family medical history, which makes me nervous.) Because I'm not in the high risk zone, the doctor said I may get a a bill for $200 or less, but I figured that was worth it for the peace of mind. And yes, as a bonus, if they found enough fetal DNA to run the test at all, I will most likely get to learn the gender when the test results come back. 12-13 weeks is crazy early, but I'm not complaining. :lol:

Ah i see, that test sounds amazing though i would have probably been tempted too, i think they call it a harmony test here, not sure how you would get one though. I understand completely the stress aspect, its a crazy time we are in, we know so much, too much probably, so many things can go wrong, its crazy! Keep us updated on the result wont you! xxx

Ah i see, that test sounds amazing though i would have probably been tempted too, i think they call it a harmony test here, not sure how you would get one though. I understand completely the stress aspect, its a crazy time we are in, we know so much, too much probably, so many things can go wrong, its crazy! Keep us updated on the result wont you! xxx

Ha! Well the test sounds amazing in theory, for sure. Unfortunately, I *just* got a call saying that there wasn't enough fetal DNA in my sample. I could redraw next week or go for the standard Quad screening. Either way they need more blood and I'm pretty irritated. :(

That's super cool you can find out pink or blue so early!!

Ha! Well the test sounds amazing in theory, for sure. Unfortunately, I *just* got a call saying that there wasn't enough fetal DNA in my sample. I could redraw next week or go for the standard Quad screening. Either way they need more blood and I'm pretty irritated. :(

Oh no, that's annoying, when are you going back in, this wont cost you more will it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->