Only posh people go to waitrose..

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
''Penny Clayden, who does a weekly £100 shop at the supermarket, said that she is concerned that Waitrose has forgotten its customers 'who only want to do their food shopping and get home'.
'Please don't turn into a “soup kitchen” handing out free drinks,' she wrote on the store's Facebook page. 'The usual clientele of Waitrose are hardly strapped for cash.''

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-revolt-Free-drink-offer-attracts-Chavs.html

Waaahahahahaha! What a tosser. I used to shop at Waitrose when I lived in the UK. I was hardly rich.

I don't really know as we don't have Waitrose in the north but from a look at the prices online there's no way I'd shop there regularly. Well not unless I truly didn't have to worry about money.

As for the article, well, I really feel for those poor shoppers. I cannot image how awful it must be to have to mix with unsanitary commoners and around food too! Some might even have to resort to sending their au pairs in their stead. Ridiculous...

That has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

As Emy said, we don't have Waitrose up North so can't comment about the prices....maybe they think that us up here can't afford their prices and heaven forbid they may attract the wrong clientele....

Oh the poor souls having to mix with the the unwashed lower classes, smelling of ordinary soap and taking their children to the store because they can't afford nannies or boarding schools - gasp!

My local waitrose has uv lighting in the toilets which apparently is used to prevent drug users going in there to "shoot up" as the lighting makes it difficult for them to find a vein :dohh:

I think there's probably more stores down south but we do have waitrose up north. I'm in greater manchester and there's a couple within reach here, though I don't bother using them. I've been in waitrose on holiday in north yorks.

I have to admit I would say that only posh people go to Waitrose :lol:

Tbh I kind of get the point

I'm not saying it's only posh people who shop there but an incentive like that inevitably WILL attract the dregs of society

If a supermarket in dundee offered such a thing every junkie in the city would be there. They do like that cup of tea with ten sugars in it.

It's bad enough having to dodge your way round them in the town without them coming to hang around supermarkets as well

Posh no. Realistic yes.

What a muppet. I have shopped a little in a waitrose up north and i have to say its no where near as good as m&s and not much better than sainsbury which is much cheaper!

I shop there, I'm not posh. I don't buy washing powder, nappies, toilet roll etc as it's too expensive so do a sainsubys online for those things, but I go in most days as the staff are lovely and it's always pretty quiet , just filled with old ladies :)

Love the comment at the end of the article "put the papaya down, Orlando" :rofl: I often shop at my local branch (I'm in North West, Cheshire). I'm not posh! Love shopping there, much quieter most of the time and lovely food.

Don't have waitrose here, but having a shop full of people hanging about drinking free coffee sounds annoying! When I go to the supermarket it's in out no hanging about, and don't get in my way.

I'd always heard waitrose was the posh supermarket though, and Morrison's the cheapo one...is that not true?

Tbh I kind of get the point

I'm not saying it's only posh people who shop there but an incentive like that inevitably WILL attract the dregs of society

If a supermarket in dundee offered such a thing every junkie in the city would be there. They do like that cup of tea with ten sugars in it.

It's bad enough having to dodge your way round them in the town without them coming to hang around supermarkets as well

Posh no. Realistic yes.

Haha I was away to say that's why they've not got waitroses in Dundee cause it's too full of junkies for them, not enough posh people around here lol ( not that Dundee is full of Junkies just the average amount I suppose :shrug:)

I'm in cheshire (north) and we have a few. Waitrose round about. She's a snob for saying it but I can kind if see her point. People choose to go there instead of asda for a reason, I prefer asda!!

I agree with some parts of the 'article'. Being allowed to waltz round the store with free hot drinks is dangerous and annoying. My waitrose has had so many spillage and an old lady slipped over while carrying her basket.

It does also attract the not so nice, there are a fair few in my town who now go off for a freebie drink, shout free & the people come running.

I just don't see the point, I've stopped shopping there and now either do online or Sainsburys.

I work in waitrose and I can tell her a thing or two about her so called posh people.
We also get the dregs of society in regularly and not for the free coffee.

In my local waitrose which is one of their large, flagship stores you can only have hot drinks in the cafe, no walking around with hot drinks. As for waitrose being posh or expensive, that's nonsense. Yes it does sell posh products but it also sells many cheaper products both branded and own brand-their own brand 'essentials' products are the same price or in some cases, cheaper in comparison to the other major supermarkets normal ranges so not the budget and not the 'finest' but the quality is so much better. It appears that a lot of their products are identical in name and description to other supermarkets, especially Sainsbury's and the products may even be made in the same place but the waitrose version is always made better. They also have better reductions than the other supermarkets. The only reason we don't shop there that often anymore is because their vegan labelling is crap. My OH even took his extreme cheapskate friend in there and he was shocked that it was cheaper than Tesco on stuff he normally buys xx

In my local waitrose which is one of their large, flagship stores you can only have hot drinks in the cafe, no walking around with hot drinks. As for waitrose being posh or expensive, that's nonsense. Yes it does sell posh products but it also sells many cheaper products both branded and own brand-their own brand 'essentials' products are the same price or in some cases, cheaper in comparison to the other major supermarkets normal ranges so not the budget and not the 'finest' but the quality is so much better. It appears that a lot of their products are identical in name and description to other supermarkets, especially Sainsbury's and the products may even be made in the same place but the waitrose version is always made better. They also have better reductions than the other supermarkets. The only reason we don't shop there that often anymore is because their vegan labelling is crap. My OH even took his extreme cheapskate friend in there and he was shocked that it was cheaper than Tesco on stuff he normally buys xx

I'm glad you said that, I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't find Waitrose expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->