Only posh people go to waitrose..

I didn't think waitrose was much more expensive than Sainsburys?!! If we had one we'd probably use it :). I use it when we visit family in Sevenoaks. Never thought it was for 'posh' people, though :lol:.

My mum shops at Waitrose sometimes and she's not posh.
I'd love a free cup of tea when I do the shopping though, I'd totally be part of the dregs of society going round all the shops that offer free tea and not buying anything :haha:

I've just moved near to a waitrose a s they don't exist in NI. I was quite excited at the prospect of shopping in one (saddo) but really, I don't see much of a difference between there and sainsburys. It's not that posh! M&S to me is still our 'fancy' food shop.

And dear dear...a £100 weekly food shop is nothing pah! I see her £100 and raise her £70 more!

Waitrose isn't that expensive if you're a savvy shopper :shrug: I can do a £60 weekly shop from there via Ocado pretty easily, and could probably cut down further if needed. And TBH, I'm not really bothered about the clientele of where I shop; it's not as if Iceland or Aldi are heaving with pickpockets and assaults. Can't quite believe someone started a petition to ban children from there!

Really to ban children from Waitrose? They do realise that a big portion of waitroses profits will come from those with children? Sigh.

We use Waitrose from time to time (not for free drinks, I don't drink hot drinks lol), I don't see it as posh at all (we are as far from posh as you can get). I only really avoid it because I adore the cakes from their bakery and would need rolling every where if I shopped there every week.

I def prefer M&S for luxury.

Ha ha, I haven't read the article, but the title of this thread reminds me of a conversation with my boss a couple of weeks ago.

Backstory: my mum, who lives in rural Lincolnshire, likes to add Framboise (sp?) or cassis to cava/prosecco/champagne but cannot get hold of frambois where she lives. She asked me to pick her up a couple of bottles (I love in London) so she could take them back with her when she was popping in just before Christmas.

So on the way to work one day I popped into a local off licence, got a few bottles and took them with me to work. My boss asked what I had in my bag and I showed her and told her how my mum had asked for them. Boss (Londoner born and bred): "Just tell her to go to Waitrose, they'll sell it there". Me "she can't, they don't have Waitrose where she lives". Boss (horrified) "NO WAITROSE!!!!! Oh my god, I couldn't live there!"

We don't have a waitrose in our town but I do sometimes pop into the one in a nearby town when I'm at work. Yes it does have some posh stuff and lots of older people but they have got a lot more cheaper ranges than they used to.

Some towns - the one above and the one in Shropshire where my parents live, only have Waitrose as a large supermarket so there is little choice unless you drive or do online shopping. So there won't just be posh people in there.

We dont even have that store here. And we have posh people here, I know posh people that shop in lidl lol

I am so unposh (not posh? Chavtastic?) that I don't even know where my nearest Waitrose is... but it's certainly nowhere near I live. Ocado don't even deliver to my area :rofl:

They clearly saw my town and cried 'a pox on you!!' and won't touch us with a 10ft barge pole :winkwink:

Sequeena, chavtastic just made me laugh out loud x

I shop in waitrose via ocado - and waitrose in town for extra bits. I used to mix up all my supermarkets, but now it's 90% waitrose via ocado and 10% tesco.

Don't find anyone snobby, and not hugely expensive - they have some great deals on.

Doubt anyone finds me snobby...am normally looking like I've been through a bush backwards, trying to placate my girls with a mini gingerbread man from the bakery ;-)

I am so unposh (not posh? Chavtastic?) that I don't even know where my nearest Waitrose is... but it's certainly nowhere near I live. Ocado don't even deliver to my area :rofl:

They clearly saw my town and cried 'a pox on you!!' and won't touch us with a 10ft barge pole :winkwink:

Ocado don't deliver to me either. My nearest Waitrose is 40 miles away......shame really...I want to go and pretend to be posh.....

What a load of utter nonsense! It's one of the reasons I would never use the word posh, what does it even mean anyway? because the dictionary definition states smart and elegant and yet those that mostly use it seem to mean something completely different. It also seems to always to be followed the term snob as is evident on this thread, It's just a supermarket! reverse snobbery is hilarious not to mention highly hypocritical, " I wouldn't shop in there because of the snobs" really? please define this for me, how does somebody with a basket/trolley in a supermarket achieve this? and how is that statement any better to I wouldn't shop in X Y Z because only chavs shop there? We use their online service and their cafe daily but I prefer M&S and the local farmers shop and I can't say I've ever paid attention to the customers.

oh lighten up,the title is a joke..you think Waitrose give a damn,no?

Never been, I'm not posh enough :lol:
According to their site my 'local' store is 15 miles away. I think I'll stick to Asda :winkwink:

I love the idea of doing my shopping with a cuppa though! Ooh they could put a little cup holder in the trolley - I like it :D

In super markets in Holland you get free coffee and biscuits. My dad took a pic when they where there in November. Posh.

In super markets in Holland you get free coffee and biscuits. My dad took a pic when they where there in November. Posh.

I remember getting free coffee in Holland. No biscuits though.

We are having a big one built not far from me! I would never usually go there but defo am gonna have a nose when it opens! lol x

Edit - We have one in town already that I've not been to :haha: Shows how much I know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->