Only seen the midwife twice?!!!

Jessicahide

Reaction score
I am really getting piddled off! I had a lovely midwife come to my home at the "booking" appointment, she was really nice, spoke to me about bf and how she could help me be successful this time ( never managed to get any milk before)

I called her when my doc messed my medication up, just for a bit of advice and she said " oh has no one contacted you? They have moved me from your gp and given me two others instead, your new mw should have contacted you by now...." well that was at 10 weeks, and nothing!!! I have still gone to my 16 week appointment at our local drop in place and seen a midwife, but I am so put off by them not contacting me, I don't feel like I should have to chase them about, she only works one day a week, so no guarantee she will even be able to see you for weeks after you call. So you have to rely on her contacting you when she wants to see you!!!

Think I will stick with the drop in place!

So you've seen a midwife twice and you're 30 weeks! That's awful.. I'd phone the surgery and complain.

If you're in the UK and already had a baby you should have had your 16 week appointment a 20 week scan then that's it until 28 weeks so it seems you've just missed the 28 week one. However they won't contact you as it's down to us to make the appointments. Hope you get to see someone soon.

I am in the UK and I have had to book my midwife appointments for the appropriate weeks they don't contact me :shrug: never have

I would contact them as you should have had your bloods re-taken at 28 weeks - also anti-d shots if you need them & whooping cough (although the nurse did this)

My midwife is lovely and has allowed me to go along to all my appointments that I would have had if I was a FTM :) but otherwise would have had 8 week, 12 week scan, 16 week, 20 week scan, 28 week, 34 week etc but I have had a 25 week and 31 week :thumbup:

I'd give them a call, you should have had an appointment at 28 weeks for blood tests. Like the other ladies I have to make my own appointments, although no one told me!

My midwife only has a surgery appoints on a Tuesday, but is on house visits the rest of the week, I think this is similar for most surgeries, but I can always call the out of hours midwives if I have a problem.

I've had to book all my apps too! I have seen her loads though because I'm on pre eclampsia watch and need extra apps for anti d shots, gd testing, blood pressure testing etc. I don't think they would call me if I failed to book one though.

I have seen my consultant at 28 weeks after my growth scan..... I will call them x

I have just read the NHS website and everything the midwife was supposed to do at 28 weeks, the consultant did....

I'm in the UK and this is my 4th baby. I've seen the midwife at 10, 18, 24, 28 and 31 weeks. I've had scans at 16, 20 and 27 weeks and the midwife has called me to book most appointments and come to my house twice because I didn't want to take my other children to the surgery. I'm shocked that no-one has called. You absolutely have the right to be upset.

I have seen my consultant at 28 weeks after my growth scan..... I will call them x

If you're having shared care then you don't need to be seeing the midwife so often- so long as you're getting an appt when you're supposed to, which sounds like you have.

Thanks loralou, I thought that was the case after reading what the mW will do at 28 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->