Opinion on Name...

liamnsean

Reaction score
We are sure we want to name this little one Sean. We were pretty settled on Sean Patrick. However, recently, I started thinking about making his middle name my maiden name Moran instead of Patrick. My husband's middle name is his mother's maiden name and we have other people in our families that followed that tradition too. Our first son is named after both of his grandfathers. Sean is gaelic for John, which is my husband's name. We like names with significance. Patrick is as close to Patti (my name) I guess you can get boy-wise.

Would you go with...

Sean Patrick Adams
or
Sean Moran Adams

Thanks!! :)

Just voted for Patrick then read why Moran was there - can I change my vote to Moran please? I liked the rhythm of Patrick more but the reason behind Moran makes it win for me! They're both really lovely names though.

:hug:

I actually voted for Patrick but now I changed my mind! :lol:

I'm sorry,but I think it would be really great the little man had his mommy's roots and maiden name in his.

Patrick does sound better,I give you that but this has bigger meaning and in my case that always trumps! :D

xxx

I think Patrick fits better, but to have a name with some family meaning is really nice too

I voted for Moran. It is more original and has a nice meaning behind it. I'm sure there are lots of Sean Patricks around but probably not many Sean Morans!

As said by others.. I voted for Patrick before reading, now I change my mind :rofl: we should all start to read before voting, huh? hehe. I think it's a good idea to go with your maiden name, if it's a family tradition. It does go together well, too.

Would you consider Sean Patrick Moran Adams?

You could perhaps give all your children Moran as a third name (change your other little fella by deed poll to give him Moran too). The boys as they grow up could use their first two names and have your maiden name as a private hidden extra or choose to use it as they wish. That way they both would have a little bit of their mummy's identity in their names.

My cousins name is Sean Patrick Seery. I like Sean Patrick together so I voted that. Both are nice though x

I voted for Patrick because, please don't cross, I think Moran is very like Moron and I can picture school playgrounds. Like everyone else I voted before reading it was your surname, did you get any ribbing yourself at school? If not then it is definately traditional and a nice alternative.

I voted for Patrick because, please don't cross, I think Moran is very like Moron and I can picture school playgrounds. Like everyone else I voted before reading it was your surname, did you get any ribbing yourself at school? If not then it is definately traditional and a nice alternative.

Here and there, but IMO kids that are mean are going to always find something to tease about and most people don't even know your middle name unless you ask. I see your point though and I certainly am not cross that you mentioned it because I have thought about it too. My husband's middle name is Carroll after his mum's maiden name. He took a lot of ribbing on that one! All things to consider. I am leaning toward Patrick, but have a slight nagging feeling that I'll later regret not using Moran. My sister has a Thomas Andrew who was nearly Thomas Moran. He is now 10 and wants her to change it to Moran. Guess we are proud of our roots!!:) (I actually got rid of my middle name of Lyn when I married and changed my middle name to Moran). My dad passed away 4 1/2 years ago so it makes the name even more special I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->