Opinions needed: cycle lengths

Cassarah

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have only posted here a few times a while back, but i know you all can relate. I know nothing replaces your doctor, but I just need to know if I'm being hyper-senstive.

I've suffered 2 losses within the last 2 years, the most recent being back in August at about 7 weeks. Since my first loss my cycles have been on the short side (anywhere from 23-26 days). Before my first pregnancy my cycles were longer (around 31 days typically).

Since August DH and I have decided to wait to try again for a number of reasons. From Oct-Dec I tried B-vitamins to try lengthening my luteal phase (typically 9-10 days) and regulate my cycle with little luck. Mid-cycle in December I stopped the vitamins and stopped tracking, giving myself permission to take a break from being obsessed with my Ov date and DPO, etc.

Now, of course, since I haven't been tracking ANYTHING, I have reached day 31 of my cycle and am kinda freaking out. I have not made it past day 27 since before my first pregnancy. I can guarantee that I am not pregnant this cycle so of course I'm thinking it's something bad. Of course, I also have no idea what day I ovulated (or if I've even ovulated yet).

So what would you think in my situation? Is my body self-correcting finally? Is something wrong? Would you start tracking BBT to watch for any shifts? How long would you wait before calling your doc?

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks!

It could just be your body sorting its self out or it could just be an off cycle. Before the pill my cycles were usualy 28 days but every now and then i would have a 34 day cyle.

Id wait a week or two before going to your GP as all they will say is keep testing untill you get a bfp or AF shows.

mine have been majorly irregular since i came off the pill in January 2009, they ranged from 32-69 days, until i got pregnant end of october.

only had 1 af since miscarraige, which arrived 41 days after the mc. im currently on CD22, and have been doing opk's since CD13 and so far no ovulation has been detected, infact the only slight 2nd line was on CD13, and since there has been nothing, so im wondering if ov happened before CD13 (very rare for me!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->