Opinions on boys name please

cath

Reaction score
Please can you all be honest with me & tell me what you think of the name Fraser? We've picked our girls names (either Charlotte or Nicole) but are really struggling with picking a boys name we both like. The name Fraser originally started as a joke after our friend who's called Fraser started referring to bean as Mini-Fraser. OH loves it but I'm not sure, although it is starting to grow on me. We would probably have John as a middle name (OH's name & strong family tradition on my side) & surname is Harris so the full name would be Fraser John Harris. Please be brutally honest because I'm not sure if I like it myself.

Sorry, I don't like it. I think a "Fraser" would be often teased about his name. It just reminds me of the French word for "strawberry"; Fraise.

I like it actually I think its lovely :) x

Sorry, I don't like it. I think a "Fraser" would be often teased about his name.

Thats what I originally thought but then theres so many different & 'out there' names these days that I wondered whether it would be an issue. I think I'm struggling with it because I usually go for quite traditional names & this is quite different.

I don't think it's a "teasable" [for want of a better word!] name at all, probably not one I'd pick personally but I do like it and think it goes well with your surname/middle name.

I think it is a lovely name and honestly can't see why he would get teased at all. The whole name has a lovely Scottish theme!

I know two guys called Fraser and I think the name is great. Depends on the surname of course but I think it goes nicely with Harris.

I'm not a fan, sorry. I automatically think of the tv show Frasier....which leads me to think of a funny bald guy.

Thanks for all your help girls, it was really appreciated. Luckily, the problem has been solved for us- we went for a gender scan tonight & we're having a girl!

Oooh congrats! Do you have girls' names picked out already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->