Opinions on boys name please

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by cath, Aug 31, 2009.

1. cath

cath Well-Known Member

Please can you all be honest with me & tell me what you think of the name Fraser? We've picked our girls names (either Charlotte or Nicole) but are really struggling with picking a boys name we both like. The name Fraser originally started as a joke after our friend who's called Fraser started referring to bean as Mini-Fraser. OH loves it but I'm not sure, although it is starting to grow on me. We would probably have John as a middle name (OH's name & strong family tradition on my side) & surname is Harris so the full name would be Fraser John Harris. Please be brutally honest because I'm not sure if I like it myself.

2. Smoky

Smoky Member

Sorry, I don't like it. I think a "Fraser" would be often teased about his name. It just reminds me of the French word for "strawberry"; Fraise.

3. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

I like it actually I think its lovely :) x

4. cath

cath Well-Known Member

Thats what I originally thought but then theres so many different & 'out there' names these days that I wondered whether it would be an issue. I think I'm struggling with it because I usually go for quite traditional names & this is quite different.

5. AFC84

AFC84 Mama to One + Bun :)

I don't think it's a "teasable" [for want of a better word!] name at all, probably not one I'd pick personally but I do like it and think it goes well with your surname/middle name.

6. fruity

fruity Well-Known Member

I think it is a lovely name and honestly can't see why he would get teased at all. The whole name has a lovely Scottish theme!

7. JessiHD

JessiHD Mummy to Joshua :)

I know two guys called Fraser and I think the name is great. Depends on the surname of course but I think it goes nicely with Harris.

8. ~Roo~

~Roo~ Mother of a baby angel

I'm not a fan, sorry. I automatically think of the tv show Frasier....which leads me to think of a funny bald guy.

9. cath

cath Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your help girls, it was really appreciated. Luckily, the problem has been solved for us- we went for a gender scan tonight & we're having a girl!

10. AFC84

AFC84 Mama to One + Bun :)

Oooh congrats! Do you have girls' names picked out already?