Opinions on Ella Elizabeth Martin or Mia Elizabeth Martin....

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Hi,

Only 6 weeks pregnant but we have been trying for so long that name discussions have been a regular thing in our household :lol:. DH and I love the name Ella for a girl but I was always set on the middle name Elizabeth after my Mum. Does Ella Elizabeth work? I thought it did until I googled it and there were people trying to suggest Ella is a nn for Elizabeth. Personally I've never heard of this and even googled nicknames for Elizabeth and came up with an extensive list that didn't include Ella.

Another name we've always loved was Mia but I think the alliteration may be too much with the surname Martin. Mia Martin....

Opinions appreciated good or bad on both names :)

I love the name Ella, but I chose Mia because of the Ella Elizabeth thing.

Ella Martin sounds better than Mia Martin though.

It was a tough call haha.

My little girl has two middle names. One of them is Elizabeth. It's actually a great middle name I think :flower:

I would go with Ella Elizabeth as I think Ella Martin sounds better than Mia Martin. I also wouldn't worry about the first and middle name together too much, it doesn't sound too bad and I only ever say a first and middle name together when my DD's are being a bit naughty! It's not like you use a middle name terribly often.

However I am a bit biased- I have an Evelyn Elizabeth!!

I think Ella sounds much better. I've never heard of anybody called Elizabeth using Ella as a nickname.

I prefer Ella, and I have never heard of Ella being a NN for Elizabeth so that never would have even occurred to me.

Ella Elizabeth gets my vote!
Mia Elizabeth is beautiful too!

Personally, I'm not a fan of alliteration names so I dont like Mia Martin.

I love the name Ella and have never heard it as a nn for Elizabeth. I also really love the name Elizabeth but again, because I'm not a fan of alliteration, on the poll I chose neither.

However, Ella Elizabeth flows well and if you love it, then I would use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->