opinions on monsters high doll for 4 year old

Exactly lol. DD likes alternative style. She absolutly fell in love with a woman's hair in the shop the other day which was bright pink (and have to say I thought looked very cool to and agreed with lo and told her so) and I hope she finds her individual style. I loved having purple stripes in my hair and red at one point at university. When went into teaching couldent do. The style when the los are teenages will have changed any way. When I was a teenager all the girls at my school liked long skirts with slits up, vest tops and more gothic style, haven't seen any teenagers around where I live wearing what we wore. I doubt they would wear the addidas trousers with poppers all way down or those trousers with skirts on top. So doubt what is in style now will be what they like in ten years lol

I simply couldnt say no, I have bright pink hair :rofl:

DD would love you, wont be at all surprised if she ends up with pink hair one day. She already has a pink haired barbie and has her own style. She looks like a little rock chick the way she puts together clothes. The favorate being a dark blue minion dress teamed with stippey pink tights and sparkley boots lol

I know earlier I said I wouldn't because I felt that they are too grown-up for a 4 yo and if you buy them now what will she be playing with aged 8. And i think kids grow up too fast. But reading her style I can see why she is attracted to them so really what is the harm in it?

My nephew as a preschool child loved playing with makeup (you'd end up looking like coco the clown) it was a phase he outgrew. Would it have caused issues if he'd been told no?

So maybe I am wrong to say not at the moment.

I love how they look and wish my girls were more interested tbh! They mainly have barbie with the odd equestria girl and some charity shop bratz. I would be happy to buy one for either of my two (4 & 6)

My daughter has a mixture of dolls, Barbie, lalaloopsy, equestria, bratz you name it she's got them. She's never shown an interest in monster high but if she did I would absolutely buy her them if that's what she wanted.

I think 9 times out of 10 a child makes up his or her own mind as to what they like. My DD loves to play with dolls but if you gave her some toy horses the dolls would be dropped like hot potatoes. If she wants to read a story you can bet your bottom dollar she'll pick up the one about ponies/horses/unicorns. And we've never exposed her to horses, we don't keep horses, we don't have friends that have horses she just has a natural love for them and we encourage that because it's what she likes, in the same way if she had a love for cars of any other products that would be typically classed as boys toys that's what we would encourage.

Either way I digress, my DD plays with all her different brands of doll in the same way, I've quite often sat and listened to her take Barbie and twightlight sparkle to school in the equestria car and oh no we have to hurry because we're going to be late. I've never once heard her say pinkie pie equestria girl can't come to Chelsea's party becuase she has pink hair or her make up doesn't match Barbie, to say that dolls have that extent of influence seems a bit silly to me, that's like saying we can't give our children baby born or baby annabelle because it encourages them to become young parents.

Thanks and totally agree with you. Lo plays with all her dolls together aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->