opinions on spelling

Reaction score
DH and I both really like the name but disagree on which spelling to use, can I have you opinions please.

It's between Rohan and Rowan

Depends on how you're wanting the name pronounced, as those names are pronounced quite differently to me. X

Yes I'd say 'Ro-hann' and 'Ro-wun' - hard to type but I agree they're pronounced quite differently. How do you pronounce the name you want to use? That would make the decision!

I didn't think about that really, DH and I do pronounce the names a little differently it's hard to type out how. We disagree on how a bunch of words are said not really because of accents but we just talk differently if that makes sense.

Was meant to add to that this is for a boys name. I've known 2 girls called Rowan. I think that's why I am shying away from that spelling a bit as it makes me think of them.

I agree, Rohan is a very different pronunciation (Rohann) and Rowan (Rowin). Also it might bother me that people would connect Rohan to Lord of the Rings (I don't know if you made the connection or if you like the name because of the connection). If you like the connection, go for it! Rowan is a little girly to me, but I think it works for a boy too. Rowan is actually one of my favorites for a boy if I didn't have to care what my husband thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->