Opinions on this boys name? Is it too chav?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
My dh loves John- Joseph, I like the name, but not the hyphenated version, I've always been adamant that it's a no no when he's mentioned it before, however I lost my grandad earlier this year who I was extremely close to, and his name was John. I would therefore quite like to honour him and love the nn Johnny (which I often used to call him).

I've said to hubby that I will go with it but not hyphenate it (as a compromise). What do you all think, I know the hyphenated John-Joe is considered a bit of a chav/hillbilly name (no offence to anyone).

Ps: Joseph is just a name that both me and dh have always liked :)

Thanks in advance.

I like both names but also not a fan of the hyphenated names.
If you are honoring someone you might want that to be the middle name instead and since you both love Joseph why not do Joseph John? Just a suggestion. Either sounds lovely to me. I love the name Joseph and John is so classic and nn Jonny is super cute!

If we have a boy we'll be calling him Joseph James DH's name is Joseph as is his dad's, my dad's name is James.
Its very common here in Ireland and not just with travellers as I'm sure your already aware of hence the chav thing.
I think it's nice but perhaps pp is right, Joseph John might sound better.

I'm not a big fan of hyphenated names but it doesn't make it chavvy. Here it's more associated with people who live in the countryside.

Please dont hyphenate that its a strong gorgeous first and middle combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->