Opinions please! Male age and fertility.

CathiiNoo

Reaction score
Hi ladies. So my OH and I are waiting to try as we waiting to get onto medical aid and for a few financial issues to be sorted.

Just a question with regards to his age and how it would affect us conceiving. He's almost 32 and I'm 21. I don't want to wait too long as his clock is ticking lol but I really don't want to have my baby in a government hospital ( they are horrible in South Africa).

Please advise and hopefully give me a little reassurance.

Thank you :)

Well I know a man who is 63 that just had a lil baby I think mens fertility lasts a lot longer then woman... it might start getting harder from 40 .. No idea ..

I know of a man who just had a baby with his wife and he's 47 or somewhere around there. Like the PP said, men's fertility lasts a lot longer than women's does, so I wouldn't think you'd have to worry much. :flower:

I don't think i'll be waiting that long haha. But thank you. How's Shelly?

Women have all their eggs at birth whereas men continue to produce new sperm throughout their life. I can't recall exactly but I think that after a certain age (probably 65-70) the quality of sperm decreases but like you said, you probably won't be waiting that long. I wouldn't worry at all about his fertility.

I think just like with everything else in life, it's a very individual matter! I know a guy who @ 30 had very low sperm count and very low chances on naturally fathering a child. My DH was 38 when we concieved DD3 in just 3 attempts.... I think lots has to do with the life style (smoking/drinking/STRESS) But as long as there is no known condition, I wouldn't worry either!

Good luck :flower:

My dad was 56 when i was born!! :) chances are he'll be fine for a fair few years yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->