Opinions Please

Jecada

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for opinions on a baby girl name. its not a common name, but both me and my DH LOVE it...so please don't judge too harshly, but what do you think??

Silver Ivy

That's first and middle name.

It's a fine name. Two nouns (or an adjective and noun), which isn't my cup of tea, but you love it!

I love it, very unique! Love the name Silver :)

My first thought was just like Beyonce... her daughter's name is Blue Ivy.

Not my cup of tea sorry

The two names together isn't for me as I think the adjective-noun is a bit like you're describing a decoration or something (sorry!) but neither of the names bothers me individually. I think Silver is fine even as a first name, although not something I'd choose. Ivy is classic and pretty. I'd be weary of the Beyonce thing though, I wouldn't like people thinking it was a celeb trend choice or a blatant copy of Blue Ivy.

Thanks Girls... It's funny because i've had these names picked out for awhile...long before Beyonces baby... so she stole my idea! haha

I see what you are saying about it being "describing" however, most people don't use their middle names...only for very formal things. So i didn't seeing it being that big of a deal. We would just call her Silver...or Sil...Most peoples middle names i don't even know!

Originally I liked both names separately, but then i thought, what if i only have one girl and I don't get to use the other name. I love both so much, and i'm kind of torn. My husband loves it, and doesn't have a problem with it. But i totally see what you mean about Beyonce, and i really don't need ppl thinking i copied... we will have to see. Not pregnant yet...just TTC, but like to think of names and i enjoy different names.

both in themselves are lovely names however together the sound very celebrity 'we are trying to be unique' -ish

what about a different word meaning silver, like Ariana Ivy?
or
a different middle name, like silver Illa?
or
a similar sounding first, like Silvie Ivy?

its up to you at the end of the day though, good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->