opinions please

confuzzled

Reaction score
hi been ttc for 19months, hubbys 27 im 24,
doctor has been crap and keeps saying try another month!
back in january doctor did blood tests just once and said im ovulating and dont have pcos
and in may hubby did sperm test and he said it was normal
well i was looking at the treatments they offer for fertility issues and im concerned because they all seem to be for ovulation problems so what do you do if the problem is not ovulation?
if it isnt ovulation what can it be?
im so scared and confused?!!
any help would be great
i want to load up on info then tell dr straight as i cant change gp because its a postcode lottery here!!!

Hey there!

Well, first off it could be bad timing. Do you :sex: frequently? Have you a rough idea of when you ovulate?
Secondly it could be that your eggs are not mature enough - you would still ovulate but would be harder to conceive. Docs treat with clomid but you can try Soy Isoflavones (Holland and Barrett) which has a similar effect.
Are you both generally fit, not overweight, don't smoke, drink a lot etc?
Are your cycles regular?

Sometimes it just takes a long time because well humans are crap at reproduction! :hugs:

Hello :) I really recommend you use OPKs and chart BBT. Chances are you aren't BD'ing in your fertile window. There's a 3-4 day window and if you miss it, you're out. If you use OPKs and chart your BBT, you will know exactly when you ovulate. Also keep in mind that a healthy couple has a 20% chance of conception each time.

I agree with the OPK's...although I am in the same boat as you...trying for 19 months, had all the tests run as well as my husband and everything was normal...My dr. did put me on Clomid and I used it for 2 cycles but unfortunately it didn't work...It gave me such bad side effects that I opted out of going for a third...I wish I could give more advice but obviously nothing is working for me either...I'll be anxious to see what others say b/c I could use the advice as well...Good luck to you! **Baby Dust**

hi all thanks for replys my fault i wasnt clear i have been using opks and bbt and preseed and even tried the ring things that u use normally for your period the name has escaped me!!!
im on evening primrose and minearals and vits and folic acid!!!
sorry its so frustrating

:( It does suck things not happening... I'm only on my 6th cycle and I find that hard as it is.. the only thing I'm doing diff this cycle is BDing every other day til expected AF. :hugs: I'll let you know if it works for me!

It's very frustrating hun :hugs: Hang on in there. I have two kids now (ttc no.3) but both took ages and this time has nearly been 2 years now. I've been on BnB since 2008, and 2 of my pals from the same era on here have just got pregnant after years trying, failed ivf's etc. It sucks, it really does, but there is always hope! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->