• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinions wanted please....

loubyloumum

2boys & cooking #3 :)
Reaction score
Ok so DH and I are really struggling for a name for our third boy.

I really like the name....

Woody

What are your opinions?

Thanks all xx

I'm so sorry...I just think of something inappropriate men get in the morning.

I love it! :) Are your other 2 sons names traditional or quirky?

It's cute, but I'd think it would maybe be better as a nn, with maybe Edward or similar that could be shortened as a 'traditional' name??

definitely makes me think of an erection or Toy Story, so I'd say no.

Also sounds like a nn to me regardless and I agree there should be an official name and you can call him Woody (I still wouldn't, honestly)

What are your other kids names?

Zoe ball's child is called woody, it's not for me but if you like it then go for it

Thanks ladies! I know it's a little out there but I keep coming back to it and think it's really cute. DH isn't sure about it but the more he says it the more he says he's warming to it.

We have an Oliver and Ted at the moment so both quite different to Woody. I do like Edward but we are forever being asked if Ted is an Edward (which he isn't) so we wouldn't want that.

The other names I really like are Arthur and Walter.

Finding it very difficult xx

It makes me think of toy story, sorry! I do however love Arthur. It's my youngest sons name ;)

definitely makes me think of an erection or Toy Story, so I'd say no.

Also sounds like a nn to me regardless and I agree there should be an official name and you can call him Woody (I still wouldn't, honestly)

What she said! A definite no from me, sorry. :nope:

Makes me think of an erection or toy story too. I think it could lead to bullying and embarrassment so I would avoid it. Walter and Arthur are much better names and go better with your other boys. Maybe name him Walter nn Woody. At least if he doesn't like it when he's older, he has a way out!

Arthur is lovely, we will most likely use it as a middle name if we have a boy x

My maiden name was Wood, and my brother was always called Woody by his friends, so to me it's a definite nickname and not a proper name, sorry.

I would be concerned that he may get teased one day ... Kids can be so nasty . I love Edward though :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->