opinions? yes or no?

sineady

S,L,J,PS
Reaction score
So my son will be 6 on 11th January my labour with him was very tramatic ended up with an emergency c-section and I really do not want to put myself through that again or the baby so this time I'm having a planned c-section. My baby's due date is 17th January but they are on about bringing him on the 11th January so both my boy's will have the same birthday!! Wow!!! Just not too sure how I feel about this? Everyone says it's really good and special and not many siblings can say they have the same birthday except twins of course lol. So what do you guys think?? Just feel mean that I would be missing my boy's 6th birthday ( I am having him a party the day before though and the family will make sure his birthday doesn't go without)

Id not be keen on that. Id deffo want different bdays. Its meant to be there special day and i imagine they wouldnt want to share.

Can you do it the day before/after

I wouldn't mind so much. You can always make the day special for each of them. They are 6 years apart so you would do different things. Plus the little one won't even know what a birthday is for the first couple years.

And once your 6 year old turns 10 he'll or ably want to just do stuff with friends. Well that's what my nephew was like.

Flower girl made a good point since there is such an age gap. Usually I'd say no so each of them can have a special day, but ask your son what he thinks and if he does then do his birthday the day before. The only other thing is the decorations and things would be hard as you'd want cute things for baby and more big kid for son. I'd leave it how it is honestly. Good luck xx

My cousins kids have the same birthday and they don't seem to mind. If anything their birthday is over the top because my cousin is trying to compensate for them not having their own day. They get two different cakes and there are two parties, usually one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. They each get to pick out their favorite thing for dinner. Its one big, happy day :)

I would rather avoid that. Since the age gap is big, they won't want to do the same activities, it wouldn't be the same kind of parties either. When the oldest becomes a teen, he'll fall in the background because a birthday is a bigger deal for a kid. Just my opinion :)

I really like the idea of the same birthdays! Never lived it though myself... My mom has the same birthday as her oldest brother, but I think they have 10+ years difference so I'm not sure they really hung out or had anything together on this day.

My sister's girls share a birthday by total coincidence, no problems there at all, but they are exactly two years apart so the older knows no different.
If it was my choice with a big age gap I'd choose different birthdays!

My twins share there birthday with my cousins daughter 1 year apart my niece was born on my 16th birthday my other niece and nephew were born on the same day 9 years apart my other cousins son was born on my niece 17th birthday it kinda runs in our family lol my daughter was due on my twins 8th birthday but came 16 days early :) my parents have 27 grandkids and 1 new one and also a great granddaughter due :)

I would say no just because you will be missing his entire birthday being in the hospital. Can they put it back a day so that he'll still have his special day and not be trumped by the new baby? He is older so he may understand if you talk to him but I would prefer to have 2 separate birthdays. They share holidays and I think birthdays should be an extra special day but that's just my opinion.

I would rather avoid that. Since the age gap is big, they won't want to do the same activities, it wouldn't be the same kind of parties either. When the oldest becomes a teen, he'll fall in the background because a birthday is a bigger deal for a kid. Just my opinion :)

I agree with this...even with the age gap thing, I think it's still important for each child to really be made to feel special on their day which no matter what is going to be more difficult if it's on the same day...just my 2 cents ;)

I'd say no. I grew up with my siblings being 4 years and one week apart. And whenever a shared birthday thing came up, there would be hurt feelings and tantrums. It is a special day.

I don't think most kids want to share their birthdays. Twins and multiples, only know the shared birthday. I can not imagine an older sibling enjoying a younger one forcing them to share the spotlight on their special day.

I know one time I was forced to share a birthday with my then step brother (His birthday Jan 4th, Mine Jan 19th). My father and stepmom thought they would save on money and make us share a birthday party and stuff. I did not like it very much, I spent most of the day angry and hurt. (I was 11 turning 12)

I'm just imagining a birthday party with lots of kids and pre-teens/teenagers, and it doesn't look pretty in my head. Hahaha. I would try not to have their birthdays on the same day. Good luck with your decision. :)

I'd be avoiding if I could. Actually I'm in a similar situation so I will be!
My 39w date (according to hospital dates) put me smack on my littlests 2nd birthday. If they offer me his birthday as surgery date I will be declining - I have a set of twins that share a birthday and that's enough for me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->