+ opk after bd

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
I just got 2 positive opks but I'm not supposed to ovulate until Tuesday (2 more days). I'm just wondering if any other fluids could cause the opks to turn positive. We did bd yesterday and this morning.

Screenshot_20210131-122159_Gallery.jpg

I believe there could be a small chance if sperm got into the urine that you tested with. The LH hormone is also a hormone produced to create sperm. I'm sure you already know this but sometimes you can ovulate early as well so it could be a true positive.

Thank you for your response! Yes, I know that you typically ovulate up to 36 hours after a positive opk, so there is a chance that it is an actual +. I have just read conflicting information about LH in semen.

Thank you for your response! Yes, I know that you typically ovulate up to 36 hours after a positive opk, so there is a chance that it is an actual +. I have just read conflicting information about LH in semen.
From what I know or at least what I've read it can be found in semen. I would just keep testing. At least you got some BD time in so if it was a true positive you didn't miss it.

I’ve never had semen interfere with my opks. I used to test upwards of 3-5x a day. Mine only turned positive when they were positive. Be careful trusting averages on the internet. Every body is unique. I ovulate the day after my initial positive or within 12 hours of my positive that is that dark. If you BDed within 1-2 days of that positive Opk without protection then you have a solid chance of pregnancy. Keep in mind sperm can survive inside of you for days esp when you are this close to O. Given a bd the day before and morning of an opk that dark, I’d say you had optimal timing actually and say congrats and welcome you to the TWW. If you’re not telling (or even if you are) I agree with pp keep testing

I've never had sperm interfere with mine either.
They only went positive when I was peaking
I wud normally ovulate the day after my positive OPK but I have ovulated on the same day b4.

Good luck hon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"