OPK AND BBT CONFUSION. Please Help me Make some sense!!

HockeyWife86

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So, DH and I have been trying for around 6months so far. We started with BBT and OPK's this cycle so we could pinpoint my O date and increase our chances. Well that hasn't panned out so far.
I've had constant faint line on OPK'S the whole cycle so far and the positives don't so much match up to any temp rises, I am very naive to this and hoping I'm reading it wrong.
Any advice/feedback or anything would be terrific! Please!

Little history
DH and I both 26.
Together for 3 years (almost) married since June 2012.
I am Aussie, DH is from CT, USA.

No testing yet, buy I have a history of cysts on my left ovary. Always picked up on U/S for other things and never went back for testing to see what type of cysts (last time it was seen was Aug 2011)
M/c at 22 with previous partner. D&C at 12 weeks (placenta bleed)
DH is on fertilaid, I am using Pre-natal and robutussin.
Have never seen ewcm.
:hugs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 20
Two lots of brown spotting today and sharp sensations, over ovary and lower middle abdomen. Almost feels "hot"
Feeling like AF is coming. Would not surprise me that this ends up being an odd short cycle. My are usually >30cd (45cd being my longest)

Hi. Most women always have a faint line on OPKs. This is because LH is always present in your body.
It looks to me (going by the picture). That Your positive was CD 21/22. If that's correct then you will ovulate anywhere between 12 and 36/48 hours after your first positive OPK. Do you have a temping chart which you could upload?

Thank you MrsC10. Someone had said it was indicative of PCOS?
My signature should show my chart. Let me know if you can't see it.

I see it. I was on my work computer before which can be a bit temperamental.

It can be indicative of PCOS but I always have a line. No matter what stage of my cycle. Do you take your temp at the same time every day? your temps are quite often above the cover line. Although, it's a good sign that your temps seem to be rising after ovulation.

Your temp will dip when you ovulate (which is what you see at CD19) and then will rise above your cover line (CD20). Your right though. They don't match with your tests, but OPKs aren't recommended for women with PCOS as the condition can make the outcomes of these test unpredictable. I'd stick with themping if you don't get your BFP.

I don't have PCOS but was lead to believe that I did for over a year (long story)!! So I've done all the research etc. If you have any questions, just ask :)

Goodness so many questions!
My AF just started (I believe) which is quite strange. From what I read my temp should drop, not rise for AF. Also my cycles are generally 31-40days. I havnt had a cycle this short for a long time!

What led you to believe you did/didn't have PCOS. I'd like to ask my doctor to look into my cysts and cycles further incase but don't want them to say in self diagnosing. Technically we have only been trying for 6months, but I've not (really) been on BC since Sep 2011 (occasionally took the pill for a month then stopped and over June 12 so I didn't get AF on our wedding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->